Fave post-game whiskey?

ousafe
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 750 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Red Stag is a hint of cherry? Holy crap, I drank it for a friend before his funeral last fall and it was like eating sugar straight.

I like scotch, but not the peat-y side, so stuff more like Glenlivet. Johnny Walker White Walker was really solid for a cheapo, and I was getting it for $20/750, but don't see it much any more.

Always good with Jameson. Greenspot is so smooth. Redbreast was too sweet. 

Bourbons:

4 Roses, Buffalo Trace, Knob's Creek are good cheap go to. Evan Williams Bottled in Bond 100 (White label) is really good for a really cheap bourbon. I want to give these a shot - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0765BGPS1/ref=ox_sc_saved_image_1?smid=A3LXZNI2ILSQKM&th=1 with EW.

Last year, I threw some Disaronno in and some ice, and it was a nice refreshing drink.

I also tried a cucumber vodka w/ watermelon liquer and some filler last summer. They're not my style, but it was rather good on a hot summer day. 

Don't know much about mixers, I mix my liquor with more liquor and chase it with bad decisions.

Roku gin is pretty nice. I like Martell VSOP cognac. It's also really good to cook with. 

Vodka, I just go with Smirnoff. 

I can't drink Cuervo. I'll be a viral sensation for all the wrong reasons after one shot of Cuervo.

12 hours ago, udbrky said:

Red Stag is a hint of cherry? Holy crap, I drank it for a friend before his funeral last fall and it was like eating sugar straight.

ALL of the Jim Beam flavored are SUPER sugary ...terrible for sipping for sure.  Mixing, maybe, but wow!