JimKirk

OFFICIAL 2-MINUTE REVIEW: Nike Alpha Huarache Elite 2 Turf Shoes

These are great shoes.

The more games on the bases I do, in the sunwashed southern states of Florida, Georgia, Texas, New Mexico, Nevada, Arizona, and Crazyland (Southern California), the more I find polished black leather shoes completely unnecessary and just warrantless vanity.

I’m in complete agreement that shoes should be (predominantly) black, intact, and clean. But if they’re otherwise mesh running shoes, who cares? The lighter, more breathable, and more comfortable the bett-ahhhhhhhhhhh.

4 hours ago, catsbackr said:

Max, the red clay around here will absolutely eat these up!

Too much white.

Then what you have, sir, is what’s known as a “local problem”.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I think @MadMax has a great point, but it brings up something else.   1. Yes, .... shoes need to be comfy and breathe, I understand that.  2.  IT IS  INDEED a "local" problem.  It's local because there are quite a few people who don't umpire in excessive heat that Max does.  ALSO, .... because of that, you have people who don't necessarily see the need for all mesh shoes, due to weather conditions, and also points of view (old school, shoes should have a shine to them folks :) ) .....

For me, there's NOT too much white on those shoes, but I understand where @catsbackr is coming from w/ the red clay, etc ...

My personal opinion is that while the shoes are probably comfortable, .... TO ME, they look drab .... you have this nice crisp umpire uniform, patent belt, and you look down and there are a pair of matte charcoal/black 'blah' shoes.   BUT THAT'S ME ....it doesn't mean I'm right! Just "MHO" 

• Like 2

On ‎10‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 9:45 AM, Thunderheads said:

(old school, shoes should have a shine to them folks :) ) .....

@Thunderheads after spending many MANY hours over the years (starting in boot camp) polishing and shining the old black combat boots they used to issue,...........one tends to "appreciate" the shine.

• Like 1

On 10/16/2019 at 9:45 AM, Thunderheads said:

patent belt

No, thank you. Personally, I don't like the patent leather look, for belt or shoes. IMHO, YMMV, etc.

• Like 2