Vinyl wrapping CP

mbkcoach
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 2459 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

13 minutes ago, mbkcoach said:

@wolfe_man ok I was under the impression that a heated blower needed to be used 

I was too fast - it appears you are correct.  If looks like it might require heating... of course, that makes sense on a car.  On a CP, you could probably cut and super glue it down.  I'm just guessing here though... I'll wait for the expert opinions.

*Not an expert* and need to buy more to fix the shoulders. 

Okay, the first thing you wanna is make sure you clean it with acetone or rubbing alachohol. Use an exacto knife to cut the vinyl, and to shape it up. Have a squeegee of sometype to smoothen it out and get rid of any air bubbles. As far as I'm aware the blow dryer is pretty much for helping the vinyl become more elastic and easier to stretch if needed. I'll post a "complete" pic 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HCueds said:

Needs fixing, but it was definitely an "I can live with it" project. I want to get a Wilson decal preferably sky blue to put on the chest but haven't decided yet 

IMG_0204.JPG

Rather than the big W decal, I think the vintage WV one would look even better.

I do really like this idea, and with an option of getting it Hydro Dipped, the designs could be endless. 

Nice job, HC!

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, blue32 said:

Rather than the big W decal, I think the vintage WV one would look even better.

I do really like this idea, and with an option of getting it Hydro Dipped, the designs could be endless. 

Nice job, HC!

:happy:. My AAA buddy said there's some MiLB guys who add a personal touch like a sticker on the lower plate. So i just decided to just make the entire cp my canvas. 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, BrianC14 said:

Here are some other ideas:

(Various tile images)

We're thinking too limited. We could revive an entire, closeted industry and cult following...

I give you the 1970's / 80's Panel Vans –

f2ffff0cb092fab10631b504539fe97d.jpg

3569578969_3e0c4e53df_z.jpg

4612232_orig.jpg

I mean, those Wilson Golds have so much real estate to put your ultimate mural on, one that really speaks about you and your personality!

Me? I own a Schutt, and am from cheese-y Wisconsin, so something akin to this makes sense:

CHEESE-GRATER-e1402994000246.jpg

• Like 3

2 hours ago, MadMax said:

We're thinking too limited. We could revive an entire, closeted industry and cult following...

4612232_orig.jpg

I mean, those Wilson Golds have so much real estate to put your ultimate mural on, one that really speaks about you and your personality!

Me? I own a Schutt, and am from cheese-y Wisconsin, so something akin to this makes sense:

Home run.   Outta the park.   

And I also like cheese.   The only thing better than cheese is more cheese.   And bacon.  Lots of bacon.  (Hey, that could be a dip application...)

PS:  Go Packers.

bbgccov.jpg

• Like 2

On 7/29/2017 at 9:32 AM, MadMax said:

4612232_orig.jpg

Pretty sure I have seen seen some of these in Portland.

On 7/30/2017 at 7:34 PM, Matt said:

Of course, at the time I did this, U-E was in its "no attachment" phase, and it slipped my mind to post it when they came back.

Matt! You never struck me as the arts & crafts type! Good on ya!