Jump to content
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 3355 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Recommended Posts

Posted

Long story short, among the several hard shells that I've tried, the Champion fits my frame (small) the best (also use an old Honigs K1 when I don't mind looking like I'm wearing football shoulder pads).  Anyway, I have one with all rivets in the front, not Velcro like the really older ones.  Judging by photos and descriptions on websites, it looks like these are now made with Velcro again (?).  Can anybody comment on whether they see any substantial difference in practice?  Wasn't real big on the rivets intitially but have gotten over it.  Haha, maybe I'm looking for some justification to get a second one.

Posted

The rivets is the new style. There are still a few retailers that have the velcro attached plates in inventory. I bought mine a few years ago from on deck sports. http://www.ondecksports.com/team-equipment/baseball-softball/umpire-equipment?page=2 . I would call first and make sure that is what  they have in inventory. If that is the style they have, it's at one heck of a good price. 

Posted
18 hours ago, umptwo said:

(I) also use an old Honigs K1 when I don't mind looking like I'm wearing football shoulder pads).

Can trim it up an dramatically improve the fit:

 

  • Like 2
Posted

Anyone looking to make the jump to a hard shell, go buy that CP right now. 

  • Like 3
×
×
  • Create New...