Jump to content
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 3406 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Recommended Posts

Posted

I tried a search, but didn't find one so if there is already one - please point me to it.  Thanks.

 

I have a couple Douglas CP's now - and the glue is slowly trying to work it's way loose around the edge (mostly top and shoulders) between the plate and the Velcro.  Does anyone have any experience re-gluing the Velcro to the plate?  I don't want to make it worse or ruin anything if I can help it. 

I'm thinking of using Gorilla Glue (or something of that type) to re-attach them, but wanted to see what someone here might have done that works better.

 

Thanks all!

Posted

Gorilla Glue grows as it dries and doesn't flex. You may want to try one of the E6000 variations. 

  • Like 2
Posted
1 hour ago, BT_Blue said:

Following because this is the same complaint I am having with my Schutt.

The strips on the Schutt seemed flimsy when I kept bothering them while making Max's mod, but I haven't noticed any problems since I put it all back together. 

Posted

Nor do i. But there have been times where, while putting on or taking off the Schutt, I will get under the Velcro and pull it up some.

Posted

Consider this:

  • Premium Quality Neoprene Contact Cement
  • Dries In 15 Minutes
  • Meets All Cpsc Requirements
  • Requires one coat on both surfaces/substrate to be bonded
  • 3 Oz.
  • For bonding high pressure laminates, wood& plastic veneer paneling , leather, fabrics, rubber, paper and cardboard.
  • forms a permanent, super strong bond
  • Meets Fed. Spec MMM-A-130B, and CPSC requirements

 

451060_usn.jpg

  • Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted
8 hours ago, Fittske24 said:

Send it back to Douglas. They will refurbish it for you. 

Yes, I contacted Jeff.  They charge $50 for a full refurbishment, but not completely sure what that involves.

×
×
  • Create New...