Jump to content
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 3539 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Recommended Posts

Posted

Do the new GD/Fechheimer pants have a double knee? That's one of the great feelings of the Honig's/Hardwicks, gliding your shinguards over those silky knees. Please tell me they do.

 

Posted
37 minutes ago, Chris Hickman said:

No

They don't? I honestly have not looked at mine. The main thing I wish it had was the perma-crease. 

Posted

That's a shame.

No permanent crease.

No double knee.

Bulky elastic waist band (not a fan)

Luckily, I have a few pair of "good ones" still looking sharp before I have to find Plan B.

Posted
19 minutes ago, kylejt said:

How much more to line the knees with something silky, and remove the expand-0-waist?

 

Bah!

Considering that the Honigs now, I think, has an expander waist band. The same with Smitty.

So you are kind of SOL there.

Posted

Luckily I built up a pretty good collection of pants over the years, and now I'm trying to find all the ones I've lent out, and kindly ask for them back at some point. Should have a dozen Harwicks by seasons start, and will keep them out of the machine from now on. May last until I "retire".

 

I've got those waist bands on my CHP pants, and I get why folks like them (read: Italian dinners the night before). But I never get used to the extra bulk on the hips when wearing ball bags.

  • Like 1
Posted

@kylejt is just being "particular", @BT_Blue, we're not going to change his mind.

The DbF's are simplistic, sure. They lack a reinforced seat (do you really need one?), reinforced knees (do you really "kneed" them?), and a silicone crease bead. However, in terms of how they lay and drape, they're outstanding, and the expanding waistband is discreet and purposeful.

I do an "aggressive" HOK slot stance, and the only thing I notice is that that part of my pants, above the shin guards, gets dirty and salt-stained first, from my hands placed on it repetitively. The "silky lining" so longed for ain't gonna prevent that. My dry cleaner not only removes that soiling, but also does a very effective crease for me, so I don't need the silicone bead. Besides, in this outrageous heat, I can just see a bead of silicone melting.

Best pants ever? No. Best pants that ever will be? Probably not. Best of what's available? Absolutely, yes. If anything, U-A needs to locate and foster a relationship with a clothier and have a line of slacks supplied to and through them, because Smitty ain't, and ain't going to, cut it.

Posted
1 hour ago, MadMax said:

(do you really "kneed" them?)

Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

  • Like 1
Posted
31 minutes ago, Stk004 said:

Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Hey... it wasn't that bad!

Totally agree Max. I have not once ripped the seat of my pants while wearing plate pants. My ass is much to big for combo pants!

I plan to get the silicone put in. For no other reason  than because dry cleaning is more expensive here than it was in LA and I suck at ironing.

I am happy with them though. And plan to purchase another set once I drop a few of the sympathy (yes... that is what I am going with here... don't bust my balls) lbs.

×
×
  • Create New...