Jump to content
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 4247 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Recommended Posts

Posted

Received my Team Wendy retrofitted WV Platinum CP in the mail yesterday.  Much lower profile than the factory Platinum padding, however, a bit heavier.  Changed the harness to an All-Star Delta Flex.  @Thunderheads was right...the Delta Flex harness keeps it in place nicely.

 

Looking forward to strapping this thing on and taking one to the chest.  I know this sounds strange but umpires know exactly what I'm talking about!

 

Anyone else have any comments about the TW retrofit CP?

  • Like 1
Posted

Received my Team Wendy retrofitted WV Platinum CP in the mail yesterday.  Much lower profile than the factory Platinum padding, however, a bit heavier.  Changed the harness to an All-Star Delta Flex.  @Thunderheads was right...the Delta Flex harness keeps it in place nicely.

 

Looking forward to strapping this thing on and taking one to the chest.  I know this sounds strange but umpires know exactly what I'm talking about!

 

Anyone else have any comments about the TW retrofit CP?

PICS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted

I have a Gold Retrofitted.  It is a little heavier, however, you won't be able to tell once you have it on.  You will be able to tell that the profile is much lower.  You will love the retrofit!

  • Like 1
Posted

Jax, believe it or not, my WVG was sent to them today also!

:-)

Cool! I hope I get mine back first! :wave:

  • Like 1
Posted

I'm closer to OH though! Pam said 4 weeks or possibly less. Shipping wasn't bad either. $13.35 for Priority Mail, and insured for $150.00 and confirmation tracking.

:-)

Posted

 

Received my Team Wendy retrofitted WV Platinum CP in the mail yesterday.  Much lower profile than the factory Platinum padding, however, a bit heavier.  Changed the harness to an All-Star Delta Flex.  @Thunderheads was right...the Delta Flex harness keeps it in place nicely.

 

Looking forward to strapping this thing on and taking one to the chest.  I know this sounds strange but umpires know exactly what I'm talking about!

 

Anyone else have any comments about the TW retrofit CP?

PICS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

You're like the umpiring equivalent of a teenage white boy in basketball shorts and a Nike shirt SMH

Posted

I'm closer to OH though! Pam said 4 weeks or possibly less. Shipping wasn't bad either. $13.35 for Priority Mail, and insured for $150.00 and confirmation tracking.

:-)

Mine was $18 Priority.

Was tempted to send it next day FedEx

Posted

FedEx next day would be $$$ . . . Priority is 2 days I think. Besides, you're not feeling well so it's not like you're going to need it that soon HA!

;-)

Posted

FedEx next day would be $$$ . . . Priority is 2 days I think. Besides, you're not feeling well so it's not like you're going to need it that soon HA!

;-)

Worked a scrimmage last weekend. Still feel weak though

Posted

 

 

Received my Team Wendy retrofitted WV Platinum CP in the mail yesterday.  Much lower profile than the factory Platinum padding, however, a bit heavier.  Changed the harness to an All-Star Delta Flex.  @Thunderheads was right...the Delta Flex harness keeps it in place nicely.

 

Looking forward to strapping this thing on and taking one to the chest.  I know this sounds strange but umpires know exactly what I'm talking about!

 

Anyone else have any comments about the TW retrofit CP?

PICS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

You're like the umpiring equivalent of a teenage white boy in basketball shorts and a Nike shirt SMH

 

What on God's green Earth are you talking about?!?!?!? :no:

  • Like 2
Posted

@JaxRolo and @SJA...

 

I sent mine in on 12/27 and got it back on 1/19...23 days!  It came back a week earlier than quoted.  Return shipping via FedEx took 3 days...$15


Don't know why the pic came across sideways... :shrug:

  • Like 1
Posted

Received my Team Wendy retrofitted WV Platinum CP in the mail yesterday. Much lower profile than the factory Platinum padding, however, a bit heavier. Changed the harness to an All-Star Delta Flex. @Thunderheads was right...the Delta Flex harness keeps it in place nicely.

Looking forward to strapping this thing on and taking one to the chest. I know this sounds strange but umpires know exactly what I'm talking about!

Anyone else have any comments about the TW retrofit CP?

PICS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You're like the umpiring equivalent of a teenage white boy in basketball shorts and a Nike shirt SMH

What on God's green Earth are you talking about?!?!?!? :no: Nvm I'll explain it via PM

Posted

How is it from a protection standpoint, Pete?  With the original Platinum padding, I've always heard them but never felt them.  I'm hoping for the same result from the TW retrofit padding.

  • Like 1
Posted

How is it from a protection standpoint, Pete?  With the original Platinum padding, I've always heard them but never felt them.  I'm hoping for the same result from the TW retrofit padding.

Just close your eyes and you will never know the ball hit you!

  • Like 1
Posted

How is it from a protection standpoint, Pete?  With the original Platinum padding, I've always heard them but never felt them.  I'm hoping for the same result from the TW retrofit padding.

 

 I have felt better about it since the retrofit. Several hot shots to the CP, and never felt a thing. Pete Jr wouldn't even try mine, because he said it "looks too thin". He wears a platinum, as well.

  • Like 2
Posted

FedEx next day would be $$$ . . . Priority is 2 days I think. Besides, you're not feeling well so it's not like you're going to need it that soon HA!

;-)

This is a post-only message. Please do not respond.

ROLANDO ALMAGUER has requested that you receive a USPS Tracking update, as shown below.

USPS Tracking e-mail update information provided by the U.S. Postal Service.

Label Number: 9405903699300342537889

Service Type: USPS Tracking/Insured <= $200

 

Shipment Activity                   Location                                                  Date & Time -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Out for Delivery              CLEVELAND, OH 44110                        January 22, 2015 6:50 am 

Sorting Complete             CLEVELAND, OH 44110                      January 22, 2015 6:40 am

Arrived at Post Office       CLEVELAND, OH 44110                      January 22, 2015 5:38 am

Arrived at USPS Facility    CLEVELAND, OH 44101                     January 22, 2015 3:58 am

Departed USPS Origin Facility JACKSONVILLE, FL 32099          January 20, 2015 8:11 pm

Arrived at USPS Origin Facility JACKSONVILLE, FL 32099          January 20, 2015 8:01 pm

Accepted at USPS Origin Sort Facility JACKSONVILLE, FL 32225 January 20, 2015 6:46 pm

  • Like 1
Posted

 

FedEx next day would be $$$ . . . Priority is 2 days I think. Besides, you're not feeling well so it's not like you're going to need it that soon HA!

;-)

This is a post-only message. Please do not respond.

ROLANDO ALMAGUER has requested that you receive a USPS Tracking update, as shown below.

USPS Tracking e-mail update information provided by the U.S. Postal Service.

Label Number: 9405903699300342537889

Service Type: USPS Tracking/Insured <= $200

 

Shipment Activity                   Location                                                  Date & Time -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Out for Delivery              CLEVELAND, OH 44110                        January 22, 2015 6:50 am 

Sorting Complete             CLEVELAND, OH 44110                      January 22, 2015 6:40 am

Arrived at Post Office       CLEVELAND, OH 44110                      January 22, 2015 5:38 am

Arrived at USPS Facility    CLEVELAND, OH 44101                     January 22, 2015 3:58 am

Departed USPS Origin Facility JACKSONVILLE, FL 32099          January 20, 2015 8:11 pm

Arrived at USPS Origin Facility JACKSONVILLE, FL 32099          January 20, 2015 8:01 pm

Accepted at USPS Origin Sort Facility JACKSONVILLE, FL 32225 January 20, 2015 6:46 pm

 

 

They will probably get it done today and back to me in a couple days (wishful thinking) lol

×
×
  • Create New...