Jump to content
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 4274 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Recommended Posts

Posted

My goodness is the tan one pretty. I found myself chortling at the catalog designation: #F3-DEF-TN ... 

 

Does this mean that @midtnump is "Mid-town Umpire", "Mid-Tennessee Umpire"... or "Mid-Tan Umpire"? ;)

 

@MikeSafari – I've tried a Force3 Defender on. It is an engineering hammerblow, but I don't think it's a finished solution. Very well executed, with quality construction, nice pads (see Diamond iX3's as the best worst example – outstanding mask, sh!t pads), and confidence-boosting protection. The springs work. It comes at a cost, though, not only out of your wallet but also in vision (you do feel like you're in a cave or a cage) and weight – it is fairly heavy. While not as ponderously chunky-for-no-real-reason like a Rawlings PWMX, you note the weight of the Defender as being there because it has to be there – the springs, spring-mounts, etc. Perhaps refining the construction of the springs, and their geometry might produce lighter variants soon.

  • Like 1
Posted

My goodness is the tan one pretty. I found myself chortling at the catalog designation: #F3-DEF-TN ... 

 

Does this mean that @midtnump is "Mid-town Umpire", "Mid-Tennessee Umpire"... or "Mid-Tan Umpire"? ;)

 

@MikeSafari – I've tried a Force3 Defender on. It is an engineering hammerblow, but I don't think it's a finished solution. Very well executed, with quality construction, nice pads (see Diamond iX3's as the best worst example – outstanding mask, sh!t pads), and confidence-boosting protection. The springs work. It comes at a cost, though, not only out of your wallet but also in vision (you do feel like you're in a cave or a cage) and weight – it is fairly heavy. While not as ponderously chunky-for-no-real-reason like a Rawlings PWMX, you note the weight of the Defender as being there because it has to be there – the springs, spring-mounts, etc. Perhaps refining the construction of the springs, and their geometry might produce lighter variants soon.

@MadMax, the second one is correct, "Mid-Tennessee Ump". :wave:

Posted

My goodness is the tan one pretty. I found myself chortling at the catalog designation: #F3-DEF-TN ... 

 

Does this mean that @midtnump is "Mid-town Umpire", "Mid-Tennessee Umpire"... or "Mid-Tan Umpire"? ;)

 

@MikeSafari – I've tried a Force3 Defender on. It is an engineering hammerblow, but I don't think it's a finished solution. Very well executed, with quality construction, nice pads (see Diamond iX3's as the best worst example – outstanding mask, sh!t pads), and confidence-boosting protection. The springs work. It comes at a cost, though, not only out of your wallet but also in vision (you do feel like you're in a cave or a cage) and weight – it is fairly heavy. While not as ponderously chunky-for-no-real-reason like a Rawlings PWMX, you note the weight of the Defender as being there because it has to be there – the springs, spring-mounts, etc. Perhaps refining the construction of the springs, and their geometry might produce lighter variants soon.

I own the Force 3 mask and those pads are outstanding. Very protective.

×
×
  • Create New...