Wilson or Force 3 Equipment Bag

Magic
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 3425 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

I ordered one. Had to call. Email link to website showed out of stock. They called me back, Jim and I texted through it. Sales associate Jessica called me back. It's ordered. I'm hoping this one lasts. Can't beat the price and the features.

Public thanks and apologies for the fantastic customer service and my rudeness and surliness over the phone with Jessica when I thought I'd missed out on the deal. All good now.

That ebags motherlode bag looks nice though. Anyone have it in solid black? What is the interior color? I'm sick of black inside. But it looks like I've just bought more of the same. All my gear and undergarments are black. Makes it hard to find stuff inside sometimes. I've taken to putting one of my Surefire military flashlights in a pocket so I can find stuff.

All of ebags bags have an orange liner, it makes it really easy to find stuff. Great bag.

I ordered one. Had to call. Email link to website showed out of stock. They called me back, Jim and I texted through it. Sales associate Jessica called me back. It's ordered. I'm hoping this one lasts. Can't beat the price and the features.

Public thanks and apologies for the fantastic customer service and my rudeness and surliness over the phone with Jessica when I thought I'd missed out on the deal. All good now.

That ebags motherlode bag looks nice though. Anyone have it in solid black? What is the interior color? I'm sick of black inside. But it looks like I've just bought more of the same. All my gear and undergarments are black. Makes it hard to find stuff inside sometimes. I've taken to putting one of my Surefire military flashlights in a pocket so I can find stuff.

I have the Black ebags with the Orange interior.

Great Bag. Lifetime Warranty.

Nothing up our sleeve here.  I asked Wilson about putting a bag on sale as part of our giving back and they said yes.  So, despite Maj. Dave's discovery of a glitch between our site and on hand inventory (which has been fixed), a lot of people are taking advantage of the deal.  Thanks to everyone for the continued support and a nod to @gnhbua93  be on the look out for new items and suppliers coming in Jan.

My pleasure to help 2 excellent companies get together.

• Like 1

I would stay away from the force 3. I haven't used one personally but I've worked will some guys that have them and while they say they work great when you first get them they don't hold up well. I have had the previous model Wilson and I loved it. Lots of room for everything you could possibly need and i you are a gear whore like me you have room to carry two of everything. I however think your best bet would be the diamond. It's what I use now and it's much more durable than both the force 3 and the Wilson. Although with all the talk about the ebags I might be trying that out this season.

I will also say that Wilson stands behind its products.

Any time I have had an issue w/ a Wilson product, their customer service has been fantastic!

In fact, one time I actually received a phone call from a human so we could talk through my concern.

So, I can speak for Wilson, when you buy from them, you can buy w/ confidence!

What if all the umpire equipment bags are made by the same factory in China?

Why is where they're built relevant? Different designs and design choices necessarily mean they'll be different quality.

I really like the look of that Wilson bag, but Amazon won't ship it to Canada, and now that I've missed out on the UA deal, I'm not sure where I'll be able to get one like it. The Diamond bag people are referring to is a $200 bag and I just can't really justify that. I took a look at it in my local store earlier this year but it's just too much bag for me since I prefer to keep my shirts and pants hanging when I'm on my way to a game.

The hunt continues...

I communicate with the Force3 people to try to get answers for you all.  The answers gave were totally satisfactory, to me, and because of those answers I know that they have the umpire community best interest in every product that they sell.

His responses were:

That a small amount of bags had issues and when they were discovered, corrections were made immediately.

They upgraded many of the internal components, zippers included

Their bags are the heaviest duty of any equipment bag out there.

Their objective with this generation of the bag is to outlast any other bag in the market.

Because of that is my personal opinion that the majority of the MiLB umpires and the Independent Professional baseball umpires use the Force3 bag. 

• Like 1

I communicate with the Force3 people to try to get answers for you all.  The answers gave were totally satisfactory, to me, and because of those answers I know that they have the umpire community best interest in every product that they sell.

His responses were:

That a small amount of bags had issues and when they were discovered, corrections were made immediately.

They upgraded many of the internal components, zippers included

Their bags are the heaviest duty of any equipment bag out there.

Their objective with this generation of the bag is to outlast any other bag in the market.

Because of that is my personal opinion that the majority of the MiLB umpires and the Independent Professional baseball umpires use the Force3 bag. 

That's good to know that they have fixed the zipper problem and have made the bag more durable. In my experience however that MiLB umpires typically use a wide variety of bags I don't know that it could be said any one bag is used by a majority of MiLB guys. 

For anyone who had a zipper issue with the 'newer' Force3 bag, would they exchange your bag or did you have to buy a new bag? My zipper for my bottom compartment is coming undone. Thanks

I think you need to communicate with them.  I'm pretty sure they will be happy to answer your concerns.

• Like 1

For anyone who had a zipper issue with the 'newer' Force3 bag, would they exchange your bag or did you have to buy a new bag? My zipper for my bottom compartment is coming undone. Thanks

They replaced my older model bag for a newer model when the zippers failed. When I had a zipper issue with my newer style i decided to switch to a mother load....never asked. Really happy with my mother load. Love the orange interior. Makes it easier to see things in side the bag. The wheels and pull handle are also better...you also cannot beat the warranty.

• Like 1

I got the eBag this fall and only had the chance to use it a couple of times, but I really like it. I had the 36" Diamond for about 6-7 years and I loved how big it was, but it was almost too big and heavy at times. The zippers failed on it this summer so instead of trying to get someone to put new zippers on I just bit the bullet and got an eBag. The orange interior is a really good feature too. 

• Like 1

I just heard back from Jason Klein at ABUA/Force3.  They are replacing my older bag with multiple zipper failures for a completely NEW bag and paying the shipping.  It was shipped last Friday and is on the truck for delivery today.  Woohoo!  

So, moral of the story is:  IF you bought a JEAPU/Force3 bag and had problems with the zippers contact Jason Klein at ABUA/Force3 and they will do their best to make it right.  

THAT is customer service my friends.

I humbly apologize for complaining publicly without first trying to work it out with the seller.  That was wrong and I was wrong to air my frustrations publicly without giving them a chance to fix it.

Lesson learned.

• Like 2