All-Star Sports Made A Mistake and Is Fixing It For Me?

Majordave
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 3631 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

New System 7 umpire harness arrived yesterday. Installed it this morning. Seems to feel a bit better although I still have the side straps adjusted as tightly as they will go. I'm sure the center of the stretchy triangle being hollow will be more comfortable/less heat retention. The elastic side straps do not matter as I've got it adjusted as tightly as it will go and still slightly loose at waist.

Loving the body forming fit of the CP and coverage. Since my baby-sized 10.5 inch WV Gold was so small I am not experiencing the "looks like you aren't wearing a CP" comments.

Another few games and I'll more than likely be putting the WV Gold and the DaviShins up for sale.

New System 7 umpire harness arrived yesterday. Installed it this morning. Seems to feel a bit better although I still have the side straps adjusted as tightly as they will go. I'm sure the center of the stretchy triangle being hollow will be more comfortable/less heat retention. The elastic side straps do not matter as I've got it adjusted as tightly as it will go and still slightly loose at waist.

Loving the body forming fit of the CP and coverage. Since my baby-sized 10.5 inch WV Gold was so small I am not experiencing the "looks like you aren't wearing a CP" comments.

Another few games and I'll more than likely be putting the WV Gold and the DaviShins up for sale.

Major,

the beauty about it is ...you can shorten the side straps to make it nice and cozy!

Here is a pic.  I have adjusted the right as tightly as possible and taped it.  Adjusted the left and not taped yet to try and show you how much, or how little, slack is left.  I do not want to remove the original UE clips from their holder at this point and the All-Star side clips do not work with the UE clips.

post-34-0-62567600-1400773915_thumb.jpg

Here is a pic.  I have adjusted the right as tightly as possible and taped it.  Adjusted the left and not taped yet to try and show you how much, or how little, slack is left.  I do not want to remove the original UE clips from their holder at this point and the All-Star side clips do not work with the UE clips.

attachicon.gifUE CP with System7UmpHarness.jpg

Use the UE clips. They fit just fine.

I am. The system 7 came with male plastic clips that are for system 7 CP but they don't work with UE female clip on UE CP.

The UE male clips are attached to a piece of non-elastic webbing about two inches long with a plastic loop and each end of non-elastic web is sewn to each other. I don't want to cut those non-elastic webs off at this point but I may later.

I'm sure the three or four inches I would lose if I cut the UE non-elastic web away from the UE male plastic clips would make it more snug. I may or may not like that. Suffice it to say that I think the UE fit may not be super snug like some of you have but it isn't shifting and it is still relatively comfortable. I might be able to make it fit more snug but not sure that's what I want right now. Some air getting in there is a good thing.

I'm also wearing the side removable wings up under the armpit area and the stomach extension. I may remove those at some point and see how that fits. I have already removed the neck extension piece as I cannot wear it without choking myself when I raise my arms to signal foul balls or time or even adjust my mask/hat.

@BT_Blue

Wow!  That's all I gotta do?  No thanks.  I used to weigh 230 at 5'9" and took almost two years to lose most of it.  I am happy with my 190-195 lb body on the way too short chassis.

Thanks for thinking of me. 

@BT_Blue

Wow!  That's all I gotta do?  No thanks.  I used to weigh 230 at 5'9" and took almost two years to lose most of it.  I am happy with my 190-195 lb body on the way too short chassis.

Thanks for thinking of me.

Thats what I'm here for. Looking out for everyone's best interest ;)

In all honesty, I am envious. Been hovering around that 230-240 area myself at 5'9" or so. I would eventually like to get down around where you are at. It just isnt as easy as it once was.

@ BT_Blue

Check your PMs. I wrote a paper called "How I Did It" and shared it with some buds and co-workers and even some guys on here.  Never too old to stop learning.

@ BT_Blue

Check your PMs. I wrote a paper called "How I Did It" and shared it with some buds and co-workers and even some guys on here.  Never too old to stop learning.

Major,

Can I get a look at that also?

Thanks ......

The Delta Flex plastic male clips didn't fit the Douglas female clips either. I had to take the male clips off the original Douglas harness and put them on the Delta Flex.