Jump to content
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 4593 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Recommended Posts

Posted

I bit the bullet and ordered a couple of Q2A-122s from Japan last month. I absolutely love it paired with a spider throat guard. It has turned into my primary lately.

 

During my ordering, I actually ordered 2. Now I am going to sell one.

 

Here is what I have to sell:

Prices for each item is quoted. You pay the actual shipping cost. Paypal

 

Mizuno Q2A-122-(Black) New With Tags $175.00 SOLD

 

SSK Spider Throat Guard-(Black) New in Package $50.00 SOLD

 

Mizuno Plastic Throat Guard-(Black) New in Package $30.00 SOLD

Posted

They go for more on Ebay...which i might do in a few days, but I thought I would give someone here a chance first. I am getting out what I have in them plus I got to experience ordering from Japan. An interesting process, but glad I did it. 

 

I was skeptical of this mask combo until I tried it. The vision is amazing. Still have not settled on the pads.

 

I hope someone likes this stuff enough to buy it.

Posted

This mask is heavier than a titanium or the diamond mask.  But I believe it has better vision and protection.  I took a 90MPH fastball in proball with this mask and didn't faze me one bit.  I use either the Wilson wrap arounds for this mask or the team wendy, the pads that come with it suck.

Posted

What so good about?

I really dont know.

 

I'm curious too.  The All-Stars have great vision too, not sure how much better it can get without opening up the gap to an unsafe level.  Would love some details.

Posted

Yeah, I meant it as an opportunity to brag about the mask since it's one of the few ones that most of us have never even touched or seen, but merits Japan pro-ball umpire use.  

Posted

I will weigh it tonight. It is heavier than my All-Star FM25Ti, but not too heavy. It does not feel heavy when worn. Not sure what makes the vision so good, but I feel like I see better through it than other standard profile masks. I am usually an HSM guy.

Posted

 

What so good about?

I really dont know.

 

I actually would like to see a weight comparison on the masks to a wilson titanium or something similar.  

 

I have the numbers

Posted

This mask is heavier than a titanium or the diamond mask.  But I believe it has better vision and protection.  I took a 90MPH fastball in proball with this mask and didn't faze me one bit.  I use either the Wilson wrap arounds for this mask or the team wendy, the pads that come with it suck.

 

This quote is exactly right.  Here are the numbers johnnyg08...

Wilson Ti (Frame only) = 13.85

Mizuno 122 (Frame only) = 16.8

Mizuno 129 (Frame only) = 16.95

 

I wish the seller luck.  That said, in my opinion this mask should not sell for above retail.  That right is reserved strictly for the Nike Ti (which weighs the least of all at 11.9 BTW).  His asking price w/o shipping is at least $40 above what it is available for at Rakuten.  Shipping is never more than $20 from the Global Market and it arrives in less than a week.  I think finishing even in this case is the best one can ask for. 14,000 yen = $136 dollars and these are always available on Rakuten for less.  Sorry for this OP.

  • Like 1
Posted

 

This mask is heavier than a titanium or the diamond mask.  But I believe it has better vision and protection.  I took a 90MPH fastball in proball with this mask and didn't faze me one bit.  I use either the Wilson wrap arounds for this mask or the team wendy, the pads that come with it suck.

 

This quote is exactly right.  Here are the numbers johnnyg08...

Wilson Ti (Frame only) = 13.85

Mizuno 122 (Frame only) = 16.8

Mizuno 129 (Frame only) = 16.95

 

I wish the seller luck.  That said, in my opinion this mask should not sell for above retail.  That right is reserved strictly for the Nike Ti (which weighs the least of all at 11.9 BTW).  His asking price w/o shipping is at least $40 above what it is available for at Rakuten.  Shipping is never more than $20 from the Global Market and it arrives in less than a week.  I think finishing even in this case is the best one can ask for. 14,000 yen = $136 dollars and these are always available on Rakuten for less.  Sorry for this OP.

 

 

While there's no forum policy against posting what I bolded, IMO it is poor form.  The OP has posted the mask for sale and clearly stated he is trying to recoup his actual costs, why cast doubt on it and crap on his thread?

Posted

 

 

This mask is heavier than a titanium or the diamond mask.  But I believe it has better vision and protection.  I took a 90MPH fastball in proball with this mask and didn't faze me one bit.  I use either the Wilson wrap arounds for this mask or the team wendy, the pads that come with it suck.

 

This quote is exactly right.  Here are the numbers johnnyg08...

Wilson Ti (Frame only) = 13.85

Mizuno 122 (Frame only) = 16.8

Mizuno 129 (Frame only) = 16.95

 

I wish the seller luck.  That said, in my opinion this mask should not sell for above retail.  That right is reserved strictly for the Nike Ti (which weighs the least of all at 11.9 BTW).  His asking price w/o shipping is at least $40 above what it is available for at Rakuten.  Shipping is never more than $20 from the Global Market and it arrives in less than a week.  I think finishing even in this case is the best one can ask for. 14,000 yen = $136 dollars and these are always available on Rakuten for less.  Sorry for this OP.

 

 

While there's no forum policy against posting what I bolded, IMO it is poor form.  The OP has posted the mask for sale and clearly stated he is trying to recoup his actual costs, why cast doubt on it and crap on his thread?

 

 

While I can see both sides, why not help buyers make a smart choice?  I think that really is the point of the forum.  I don't know Yen conversions….if something on there is false, then I suppose it should be an issue.  If it's merely fact, talking through the cost, I think it belongs here and a buyer can still make the choice.  

  • Like 1
Posted

Because it appears he is going out of his way to cast doubt on the OP's statement that he is trying to recover his actual cost; that's not the point of this specific forum.  My opinion and I took exception, others will disagree and I respect that.

Posted

I'm mixed here ...I understand how Mike feels, but also Johnnyg08's viewpoint as well ....

 

that being said, .... Stephen did say he was just getting out of them what he has in them?  Why would he lie?  He's a repsectable member of this site

Posted

I have no problem even if the seller were trying to make an obscene profit off of it. My viewpoint is it is up to the individual buyer to determine for themselves what price they are willing to pay. Nobody is forcing anybody to buy or sell. 

 

Continue on...

  • Like 3
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 4593 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...