Jump to content
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 4857 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Recommended Posts

Posted

Let me preface this post by saying I love my Riddell Power and have no intention of getting rid of it.  I recognize that it's a chest protector that combines lightweight attributes along with a plastic shell protector.  I love how mine fits -- so much so that I sent it to Team Wendy and had it redone during this past offseason.  Now that I've finally dropped under 200 pounds (about 30 pounds less than when I did the plate job last August on ESPN), it fits even better.

 

That said, I took a monster shot today that has me sitting here sore while typing.

 

RH batter, adult wood-bat league.  Pitch comes in somewhere between the letters and the neck and the batter fouls it right back over the catcher into my right shoulder.  I'm not sure if it hit between the shoulder plate and the side padding or if it just hit that hard, but it hurt.  Not enough to drop me or delay the game at all (although F2 got a ball from me and walked it to the mound).  I did say, "Ow" when it hit me, though.

 

Anyhow, my partner came in between innings and told me that without a chest protector I'd have a broken collarbone -- I told him it didn't hit my collarbone and he said, "Yeah, but it hit with such force it would've snapped it anyway."  So the protector did its job (at least that's what I would argue, even though I am a bit sore).

 

45 games into my season and it's the *first* ball that's caused any pain.  I haven't even had any bruises this season yet -- and I've worked about 25 plate jobs.  (I know, I know, I've jinxed it now.)

 

Anyhow, 5-0 and 9 innings in 1:40.  Despite the shot to the shoulder, it was a darned good day.

 

HS playoffs start tomorrow for us.

Posted

really?  you had the plate and were on ESPN?  I don't think you've ever mentioned that before.

Posted

This question is for Fittske24, or somebody with real and positive knowledge of the answer.  What size or sizes the Riddell Power came when it was on the market?  Thank you for answering this question.

Posted

Little League Great Lakes Regional Championship game.  I posted pics from then so I was just using it as a comparison.

Posted

Were you using the TW pads with the chest protector when you took the shot.

 

Yes, it's been retrofitted with the TW pads.  Like I said, I'm OK with the fact that I'll feel one every so often -- it's worth it to me because the protector is extremely light.

 

I'd love to give the Unequal a try, but I don't really want to pay that much for something I may decide after a few games isn't for me.

Posted

 

Were you using the TW pads with the chest protector when you took the shot.

 

Yes, it's been retrofitted with the TW pads.  Like I said, I'm OK with the fact that I'll feel one every so often -- it's worth it to me because the protector is extremely light.

 

I'd love to give the Unequal a try, but I don't really want to pay that much for something I may decide after a few games isn't for me.

 

Somebody should come with a Rent-An-Unequal type of business.

Posted

 

No info on sizing...I don't think if really matters anyway. These haven't been made in 20 years

For me, it matters, I'm about to have one on my hands.

 

 

Then buy it!!! If you don't want it. I will take it!!!!!

  • Like 1
Posted

 

 

No info on sizing...I don't think if really matters anyway. These haven't been made in 20 years

For me, it matters, I'm about to have one on my hands.

 

 

Then buy it!!! If you don't want it. I will take it!!!!!

 

Cuba, you got it, you're the first on the back of the list.   :wave:

  • Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
Posted

 

 

The power came in M, L, and XL.

Do you know the length of each?

I beleive the M was a 12", the L was 13" and the XL was 15"

 

Thank you, Honorable Resident Gear Pimp

×
×
  • Create New...