Jump to content
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 5177 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Recommended Posts

Posted

Looks like a decent deal!

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?icep_ff3=2&pub=5574638814&toolid=10001&campid=5337058196&customid=&icep_item=180933066557&ipn=psmain&icep_vectorid=229466&kwid=902099&mtid=824&kw=lg

  • Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted

Charlie Reliford?

You could be right. He once told me he loves these older West Vests

Posted

I have one and they are. Key differences (I believe) are shoulder "gap" coverage and plastic on the pec pads.

NICE!

The VERY FIRST edition of the WV is very similar to the Douglas that still exists today ....as Douglas did those .....

Posted

Anyone have a real find - right after Douglas stopped selling WVs, they had the excess parts and continued to sell the inventory (not the most recent sell off, but the one back in the nineties). The difference was the velcroed cardio piece had a big D instead of the WV. A deceased partner had one. I wondered how many were out there.

Posted

Everybody raves about the Douglas and Power. The Douglas appears to be very similar still to the original WV's Douglas made before Joe went over to Wilson. My question is, how is the Douglas better than these?

wilson-baseball-west-vest-pro-chest-prot

I know a lot of places dont seem to sell these much anymore, but still. Im curious.

Posted

Everybody raves about the Douglas and Power. The Douglas appears to be very similar still to the original WV's Douglas made before Joe went over to Wilson. My question is, how is the Douglas better than these?

I know a lot of places dont seem to sell these much anymore, but still. Im curious.

That's because Douglas made the WV .............

The Douglas is thinner than the one shown above ..........

Posted

They seemed quite similar to me.

What are you talking, a half inch difference in thickness maybe?

I don't have personal experience w/ the WV....just from what I've heard on this board


×
×
  • Create New...