Jump to content
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 5588 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Recommended Posts

Posted

Reading the milestones thread there was the Black Ops reference which reminded me of ESPN the other day. The big discussion was Kolby Bryant doing the TV ad for BO. First, what is wrong with doing a war game ad? How is it different from any other commercial he does? Now if he was doing an ad for Grand Theft Auto, that's one thing, that game has no redeeming aspects. Call of Duty is a good game that may even make some people change their view of our military or even decide to join them. I personally don't play any games but I have watched both of my sons play and they are both pretty good.

I realize sometimes ESPN struggles for topics but really? There has to be more to talk about than busting Kolby, and trust me I could care less about him or any other NBA player, but it certainly seems to be a non issue.

  • Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted

I actually like the commercial with Kobe. The girlfriend is definitely not in favor of Black Ops, but if any of you guys have it on PS3 just message me!

Posted

The media needs something to make an issue out of. They will always find a problem where few people see one, then blow it out of proportion so they have a story.

Posted

It's on my christmas list. I think the commercial is funny and what Kobe's in it for a whole 3 seconds, along with Brandi??? Jimmy Kimmel and more. Who cares it's only a game.

Heres the commercial :

Posted

The bad part is I didn't realize that was who it was until they started making a big deal about it.

I haven't had any version of television for three years, so I didn't recognize most of the people in the video. Nevertheless, it is a great commercial.

Posted

I try to not watch the NBA at all. I still am trying to figure how at least three of the top ten is slams by guys that are 6'6" and bigger. You see a football player run a 89 yd return and he is number nine and some knucklehead that is 7'4" catches the ball and slams it in the rim. How the hell does that make sense?

  • 6 months later...
Posted

I have the game and it is great my son and I have spent hours playing it especially zombies and yes I'm still a kid at heart and try to act like one when I can


×
×
  • Create New...