Jump to content
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 5825 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Recommended Posts

Posted

I posted this thread of an Itech CP this morning, ...Jaxrolo said it was ugly, and it got me to thinking ....

Should a CP be a certain color ? Or , is it just standard for it to be black, and so it should be?

Does it matter? No one sees it really...right?

Thoughts?

  • Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted

I dont think CP color really matters all that much to most of us........maybe with the possible exceptions of those that wear it exposed under a plate coat...

I have the grey platinum and a navy K1.....previous CP's have all been black ........

Posted

Honigs did offer a number of colors for the K1 (Red, Navy, Black, and Gray), but I don't know if they still do. But I've primarily seen black & gray CPs. I once saw a blue one. Carlucci was known for using some different colors, I specifically recall seeing a nice royal blue one and a burgandy-ish one.

Personally, I will always perfer black. First because, the 1% that shows through the shirt, but also some colors could show through your shirt looking pretty ugly. Even ifyou were to wear one of the older model CK shirts which were as thick as a sweater. You may be able to see.

Posted

I didn't really mean ugly because of the color but that was part of it. The whole cp in general just looks "different".

As far as colors I like Black and the Platinum Grey.

Posted

:big_noHEY, HEY, HEY!!

I've got enough problems keeping up with SHIRT colors! Be dammned if I'll be buying 8-10 CP's!!

Posted (edited)

:big_noHEY, HEY, HEY!!

I've got enough problems keeping up with SHIRT colors! Be dammned if I'll be buying 8-10 CP's!!

Easy there fella, :hopmad:...just saying ....is "black" the color for a CP, ...not saying they should make a CP in different colors like shirts ....

I've seen navy and royal as mentioned above, and different grays and black, so....

Edited by Thunderheads
Posted

I had a silver/gray colored CP. I must say that I never did appreciate how much cooler it was until it was gone. Even under the shirt it made a noticable difference.

At this point, I like the gray color of the Wilson Platinum. It looks good with most all of the colors of shirts that we wear. I also have a Douglas that is black. I am more partial to the protection than then the color.

While we are on the subject of ump fashion, I have always wondered....why do umpires wear black masks with navy blue hats? Seems like a fashion mis-step for guys that are concerned about the colors of buttons and the width of stripes.

Posted

:big_noHEY, HEY, HEY!!

I've got enough problems keeping up with SHIRT colors! Be dammned if I'll be buying 8-10 CP's!!

Haven't you heard, the BU now must wear a shirt that matches the PU's CP.


×
×
  • Create New...