Equipment Bag?

Thunderheads
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 4508 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

I don't do THAT many games, ...however, I'm going to get hooked up with an additional assignor this year and more games. My problem that I see immediately is that I don't have an equipment bag, and that poses (or soon will pose) a problem.

Ump-Attire has a few, .... all over $100 ...and then there's this guy ...

http://www.ump-attir...Product_Count=3

Any info or reviews on this thing? I hate to sound cheap, but $130 seems steep for an equipment bag ....

5797a_UMP_BAG.jpg

This thing is the new ultimate bag. The guy in charge of Pro Nine was in on the design of the Diamond ultimate bag, and took his design with him when he started Pro Nine. That's why they look like the same bag. I have both, because I picked up one (a customer return) at below wholesale when I visited his company. I have used the Diamond for years, but the Pro Nine is a little better in two ways: The zippers seem to be somewhat better (stronger and smoother) and the 36-inch Pro Nine has a retractable handle that you find only on the shorter version of the Diamond.

The two-decker bag is simply a better way to go, because your gear, uniforms, undergarments, shoes, caps and accessories all have their own place, keeping them all cleaner and better cared for.

You can use one of those catcher bags like the one you showed, rather than a wheel-along bag with handles, but I recommend that you use some of the money you save to also buy one of these:

36078_image.jpg

This thing is the new ultimate bag. The guy in charge of Pro Nine was in on the design of the Diamond ultimate bag, and took his design with him when he started Pro Nine. That's why they look like the same bag. I have both, because I picked up one (a customer return) at below wholesale when I visited his company. I have used the Diamond for years, but the Pro Nine is a little better in two ways: The zippers seem to be somewhat better (stronger and smoother) and the 36-inch Pro Nine has a retractable handle that you find only on the shorter version of the Diamond.

The two-decker bag is simply a better way to go, because your gear, uniforms, undergarments, shoes, caps and accessories all have their own place, keeping them all cleaner and better cared for.

You can use one of those catcher bags like the one you showed, rather than a wheel-along bag with handles, but I recommend that you use some of the money you save to also buy one of these:

Nice Finn, thanks ...... didn't think about Pro9. So, you have a connection ?!? :)

I went there a little over a year ago and he sold me a virtually new returned bag for a ridiculous price. I think it was a freak thing: I asked why the Pro Nine and the Diamond were so similar, and I was told the story behind it.

So then, I was asked if I use the Diamond, and he said that he could let me have this unused blemished bag (one of the handles had to be re-attached) at a stupid price so that I could try it and compare the two. I'm pretty sure it was a one-shot deal, but I could check.

Depends on how much you plan to put in the bag. Just plate gear, it may do.

But, I put more than that in mine and I have the Diamond Ultimate Umpire bag. It has my hats, shirts, ball bags, under apparel, and compartment for my extra plate shoes if something happens to my hightop ones. I paid $140 and now it isn't on Ump-Attire at the 36" long version and another site is selling it for $175. It was worth the money except I need to reinforce the bottom compartment. It doesn't hold well if leaving things in the top without having equipment in the bottom to fully support it. The plastic gives under the pressure. After I reinforce it to hold its shape, I will have absolutely no complaints for the bag. However, if you empty it after every game or don't put much in the top, it should have no issues with holding its form.

So, if all you need is something for the plate gear and other equipment such as shoes, I don't see an issue with this bag. Mine would be too heavy to constantly carry around and it is nice to have the wheels at times. But, if you need more, then you will need more bag than this provides.

I went there a little over a year ago and he sold me a virtually new returned bag for a ridiculous price. I think it was a freak thing: I asked why the Pro Nine and the Diamond were so similar, and I was told the story behind it.

So then, I was asked if I use the Diamond, and he said that he could let me have this unused blemished bag (one of the handles had to be re-attached) at a stupid price so that I could try it and compare the two. I'm pretty sure it was a one-shot deal, but I could check.

I was kidding buddy!

Mr. Umpire: Thanks! Great response...

Jeff, I bought a bag similar to the one above you mentioned. Mine is from honigs http://www.honigs.com/sub/38/A93. Like a couple of the guys stated above, it is good to put your gear in and that is about it. Where I umpire we have to change out of the trunk or back of your car. I am always trying to find stuff in my bag. My partner has the diamond 36" bag that list for $140, all his stuff is organized. He can switch from plate to base a lot quicker than I can. A new bag like the diamond, force 3 or maybe even the one Kevin mention is on my list for the spring. I wish I would have bought one of these first, even if it was twice as much to begin with. Would have saved money in the long run.

Jeff, I bought a bag similar to the one above you mentioned. Mine is from honigs http://www.honigs.com/sub/38/A93. Like a couple of the guys stated above, it is good to put your gear in and that is about it. Where I umpire we have to change out of the trunk or back of your car. I am always trying to find stuff in my bag. My partner has the diamond 36" bag that list for $140, all his stuff is organized. He can switch from plate to base a lot quicker than I can. A new bag like the diamond, force 3 or maybe even the one Kevin mention is on my list for the spring. I wish I would have bought one of these first, even if it was twice as much to begin with. Would have saved money in the long run.

Thank you sir ........ ...but the link you show is for a 36x15x15 roller like the rest ...

Here's a three-way look at the Pro Nine:

!CCCSGGgCWk~$(KGrHqYOKpME0UnDvv+)BNJ2bOR

This is what I easily fit into my Diamond or Pro Nine (honest!):

TOP FLAP POCKETS

THREE INDICATORS

TWO PLATE BRUSHES

TWO STOPWATCHES

TWO LINEUP CARD WALLETS

PATCHES

CCA MANUAL

HAND WARMERS

GLOVES

PENS AND PENCILS

SHOELACES

SUNGLASSES

EYEGLASSES

EYEGLASS CLEANING KIT

TOP SECTION (LEFT)

EIGHT CAPS IN CAP KEEPER

FIRST AID KIT

ROLLED UP TOWEL

PERSONAL TRAVEL KIT

TOP SECTION (CENTER)

TWO KNEE BRACES

TWO THIGH BRACES

BACK BRACE

ANKLE BRACE

FOREARM PADS

FOUR PAIRS OF SOCKS

FOUR BALL BAGS

TOP SECTION (RIGHT)

BLACK SLEEVELESS COMPRESSION CREW

BLACK COMPRESSION CREW

BLACK COMPRESSION MOCK

BLACK LS COMPRESSION MOCK

BLACK COLD GEAR SLEEVELESS COMPRESSION MOCK

WHITE COMPRESSION CREW

WHITE COMPRESSION MOCK

WHITE LS COMPRESSION MOCK

WHITE COLD GEAR LS COMPRESSION MOCK

WHITE SLEEVELESS COLD GEAR COMPRESSION MOCK

COMPRESSION SHORTS (2)

COMPRESSION LEGGINGS (2)

HEX-PAD COMPRESSION SHORTS

PROTECTIVE CUP (2)

JOCK (2)

SEPARATE TOP VENTED COMPARTMENT

BASE SHOES

BOTTOM COMPARTMENT

SHIN GUARDS

TWO MASKS

CHEST PROTECTOR

PLATE SHOES

FRONT POCKET

SUNSCREEN

HEADACHE RESCUE SPRAY

SPARE CAR KEY

It may be a roller. But it is not very useful. It has two pockets on the inside, but organizing your stuff like indicatiors, socks, belts, hats, cup, etc is impossible with this bag. My partner said the diamond bag he purchased was the best money he had spent for umpire equipment

Thank you sir ........ ...but the link you show is for a 36x15x15 roller like the rest ...

But, it doesn't have the top and bottom compartments like the Diamond. It is just like the one you show with just a few extra features such as size and wheels. But, it won't separate things like the Diamond does.

I have in mine:

Bottom:

CP

3 masks

Shin guards

Plate Shoes

Base Shoes

Top:

1st compartment:

Hats

Watch

Sunscreen

2nd compartment:

Base shirts (Since they are the Cliff Keen not made from that crappy wicking material which shows wrinkles so bad)

3rd compartment:

6 Ball bags

3 pair of socks

4th compartment:

3 Under Armour pants

Cups (3)

3 jock straps

Side compartment:

6 Indicators (If I am doing a coach pitch/machine pitch game to count pitches)

Spare plate shoes

Spare shin guard straps

Spare mask straps

Spare plate brushes

Pockets on lid:

Base and plate belts

2 Spare belts for partner who doesn't have one (They are old non-umpire type which doesn't fit me anymore and I had a partner forget his once. I learned to remain prepared but it was too big for him and he had to make a hole in it to fit.)

Line up card booklet from Ump-Attire

2 flex belts

Black shoe polish

Plate brush

I keep all of my Under Armour shirts in a separate bag.

All of it fits easily. And, if I wanted to not have the spare belts, I would have 2 more pockets for additional things.

This is what I use. A lot of MiLB guys use this as their main bag.

eBags Mother Lode eTech 29" Wheeled Duffel http://www.ebags.com...productid=70819

ebag.jpg

Size is: 29" x 17.25" x 15.5" and best of all it comes with a Lifetime warranty - Exchange, return, whatever it takes. Here is what I usually keep in it:

Top Compartment:

2 Pair Base Shoes

West vest Shin guards(Gray color)

Douglas Chest protector

Nike Mask

1 Pair Reebok plate Shoes (Side Compartment)

Rule books, (NCAA, MLB and Fed, CCA Manual)

Lower Compartment:

3 Belts (2 Patent 1 leather)

3 sets ball bags.

2 cool packs

4 pair socks

1 athletic supporter

4 Nike dri fit shirts

2 Nike dri fit tights

4 uniform shirts,

1 base pant

1 plate pant

4 hats

2 plastic hangers

Oakley sunglasses case

1 bottle of Fabreze

Mens Valet bag containing indicators, brushes, etc.)

• Like 1

This is what I use. A lot of MiLB guys use this as their main bag.

eBags Mother Lode eTech 29" Wheeled Duffel http://www.ebags.com...productid=70819

Size is: 29" x 17.25" x 15.5" and best of all it comes with a Lifetime warranty - Exchange, return, whatever it takes. Here is what I usually keep in it:

Top Compartment:

2 Pair Base Shoes

West vest Shin guards(Gray color)

Douglas Chest protector

Nike Mask

1 Pair Reebok plate Shoes (Side Compartment)

Rule books, (NCAA, MLB and Fed, CCA Manual)

Lower Compartment:

3 Belts (2 Patent 1 leather)

3 sets ball bags.

2 cool packs

4 pair socks

1 athletic supporter

4 Nike dri fit shirts

2 Nike dri fit tights

4 uniform shirts,

1 base pant

1 plate pant

4 hats

2 plastic hangers

Oakley sunglasses case

1 bottle of Fabreze

Mens Valet bag containing indicators, brushes, etc.)

That's a nice bag Fittske!

Oh, $h!+; I forgot my two rolled up belts!

Top left under the cap keeper.

BTW, unless I'm traveling on a plane (rare), all my uniforms are on hangers.

I have a Honig's garment bag that I put my jerseys and pants in ...

Finn: Got a link to your cap keeper?

HOLY CRAP MR UMPIRE AND FINN.....that's a LOT of crap!! :)

You too can have all that crap at your fingertips if you fork an extra hun on the ultimate bag.

Yep. It's kind of like chest protectors isnt it? Go large or wind up paying more in the long run?! :)

FINN: Cap keeper link?