Umpire-Empire talk radio

Umpire in Chief
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 4941 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish I could do a toll free number, but not in the budget. Skype or any of the other internet phone systems might help.

Don't most people have long distance as part their regular phone service at no additional charge.

I do not pay anything extra for it on either my home phone or cell phone.

It could be interesting. Not sure if I would actually call in. But I think it would definitely be interesting to listen to.

You would have to figure out a way to either end or get around the war stories of callers (especially the long rambling ones) but its doable.

It's definitely doable I've settled on a software if I'm going to do it.

War stories are good and all and will have a place if related to the topic. If things go too far astray I have the dump button.

I'm still doing some planning to see if I can make it happen.

My biggest concern is the time. U-E's visits are bi-coastal with 35-40% being east coast and the same for the west coast making scheduling difficult. My gut is telling me 10PM eastern. But I have a few more things I need to work out first.

It's definitely doable I've settled on a software if I'm going to do it.

War stories are good and all and will have a place if related to the topic. If things go too far astray I have the dump button.

I'm still doing some planning to see if I can make it happen.

My biggest concern is the time. U-E's visits are bi-coastal with 35-40% being east coast and the same for the west coast making scheduling difficult. My gut is telling me 10PM eastern. But I have a few more things I need to work out first.

Wheres the like button on this damn site? LOL :crazy:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Don't forget us.... the party crushers....

I believe we have same time as NY most of the time.

I would call in once every 3 months. If you have a chat-line it would be easier. And remember: All those who said they would not call in the show, the moment they here somebody say anything incorrect regarding the rules of baseball, they will call in IMMEDIATELY to have it corrected.

You will have audiance that's for sure!

• 2 months later...

Let me give you an update on this because people were continuing to vote...

I am putting this on the back burner for now. But will revisit it at a later date. There are just a number of logistical issues which I need to figure out. Primarily around time. My time, your time, time zones. Starting as late as 10:00 Eastern is only 7:00 Pacific and many guys on the west coast will still be on the field. But starting later than 10:00 I'd loose audience from the east coast. So there is a lot to consider, but this is something I am still very much interested in doing.