Jump to content

TStokes97

Inactive
  • Posts

    339
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by TStokes97

  1. Depends. I am a pitchers umpire. I REWARD a pitcher for a strikeout AND it gets bats OFF of sholders.I do mostly 12U and 10U I call a big zone but I don't rub the strikeout in, Im lounder in 12U but in 10U im not gonna humiliate kids who get struckoutI understand what you're saying, and to be honest, when I'm doing a rec game, there's different punch out calls for different players. It's pretty easy to tell the kids who play more than rec ball from the kids who didn't/couldn't make the travel/jr high/high school team. The players who are obviously more "seasoned" will get my normal punch out. The "rec kids" are going to see/hear a very quite, low key strike three call.^^^^^Do not do this^^^^ I don't believe you should change for different players in the same game..... If its a low-key game and you want to be subtle for everyone, so be it. However, you shouldn't ring up Johnny with a big ol' chainsaw just because he's a better player in your mind. Trust me, coaches and parents WILL notice! It's not about a big ol' chainsaw for the player(s) I think are better. 95% of the kids are going to get my same call, which isn't overly animated to begin with. It's more about not being as animated on the kid that's afraid to be in the batter's box and if he ever swung (doubtful) and made contact it would be a major breakthrough. I'm sympathetic to that kid because when i played that was me I played from ages 13-15 I made contact 8 times, got 1 hit, liner that got past the 2nd baseman merely because he had 1 hand,
  2. Perhaps there was a glitch in the matrix causing you the illusion of pain and injury Still glitched then, because the nail is still gone (partly)!!perhaps the architect patched the glitch but left your nail as is to avoid allowing the realism of the matrix to become apparent causing humans to reject it, eject join Zion and causing the machines human energy crop to fail wiping out their energy source AND THEIR ENTIRE CIVILIZATION
  3. Recently I heard the classic "But your the plate ump you can overule him" when I was BU and called a close play at 1B
  4. Unless your Mr Hyde, then they'll ask for Dr Jekyll's opinion
  5. Well looked into it only will run me a 10U game fee to buy it, probably worth the $50 investment
  6. This is why I am glad I have only 2 assignors, 1 gives me alot of games that pay well($42 or $56) the other is a rec ball commissioner who asks me to help out now and again, I do the rec games for fun they take good care of umps and the games are alot of fun and coaches care about teaching and having fun other wise I would stick to 1 assigner but the rec games are too fun to pass up
  7. Yes I wear a cup in the field, I also wear a skull helmet, this under shirt: http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B001HVUD5I?pc_redir=1402113716&robot_redir=1. And a pair of these: http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B002MPOF20/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?qid=1402275170&sr=8-2. People call me paranoid, but the day an ump busts a shin on a line drive is the day im an innovator
  8. Perhaps there was a glitch in the matrix causing you the illusion of pain and injury
  9. Well looks like "real" umpire pants will be moving one slot down my priority list
  10. I'd get reebok magestrates I love them they feel like foot Heaven
  11. Tucker..... Search..., tons to read! :-) Jeff - via TapatalkI know its been talked to death just wanted his opinion since he's not overly used to the nutty butty
  12. its under review
  13. The only way I would leave before the end of a game is in an ambulance or car going to a hospital, if only because my ride doesn't arrive till the end, so I really couldn't follow his advice anyways, I will certainly take your advice and talk to my assignor next sunday about the issue
  14. Is the nutty butty any better than a shock doctor?
  15. Report that to the assignor and ask not to work with that guy again. That's BS. Do it the right way, and if he tries to "overturn" one of your decisions remind him that by rule no umpire may do that. Let's see him talk that one out. If he insists and undoes your good work, leave: apparently he doesn't need you anyway. Did I mention that's BS?I don't think he even work for us, he got the game under the table from my scheduled partner
  16. He's on the cusp of being a crew chief, tells me its fine
  17. That doesn't answer my question
  18. I know I'm a very sound technical PU but not so much as BU because I have more experience as a PU because in the early amateur levels only PU's are hired and BU's are only used in higher levels, so I would imagine what you noticed was a gap in experience between PU's and BU's
  19. Wait is there anything wrong with ajustable hats? Thats what i use
  20. He's under mining me because he assumes the youngest umpire in our association is going to be incompetent, he treated me as incompetent and inferior from the moment we ment in the parking lot before even seeing me on the field, if there was a bang bang play and a coach was chirping he'd say "yes I think he was wrong too" instead of backing me up on those close calls, not to mention he stood on the plate watching this coach chew me out, the way he was treating me there is a decent chance he'd have tried to over turn it and tell me we need to "talk out our differences" instead of ejecting coaches for their words, or something similar, if they made them this guy would wear a peace sign throat guard I swear
  21. my league stops for thunder now, sometimes coaches will just say "it was a freight train" or "I ate a bad burrito" much better than them telling me I didn't see lightining it was just a glare in my glasses
  22. You let an assistant coach treat you like this? Have you ever dumped a coach?I have not, this is year number 3 for me
  23. Baltimore is similar to LA, in that its very large land wise but it has much less people per capita
  24. Did I forget to mention he wasn't even the head coach? Yes, but I can eject him only so many times in one game. It would be nice to be able to bank them....Yea create an association store you buy stuff from using points from each ejection you get, like preschool prize points, "Ok Timmy you threw out nine coaches here's a set of TW's"
  25. Are you sure he doesn't just use them for walls in his house?
×
×
  • Create New...