Jump to content

jim knight

Gone but not Forgotten
  • Posts

    153
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by jim knight

  1. jim knight

    overthrow

    The slow and fast pitch rules are the same for overthrows in ASA
  2. Very nice article... thanks for posting it.
  3. Just a thought to make it clear what you had.... you could have made a safe sign and say "thats nothing"... then pump the ball fair. It may save some problem because you called it "nothing" right away.... kinda like a hit ball that almost hits a runner.... big safe sign... can save a argument.
  4. not back yet...
  5. I found this post on "Warren's Response to the Author, Angel Melendez was...." interesting and have nominated it accordingly for "Post Of The Month May, 2009"
  6. jim knight

    Forceful tags

    Like the others... I will tell F1 to take it easy with the tags (warn him) I do this the very first time I think it the tag is harder than normal...
  7. Got AA State tournament / 33rd year in a row I have been selected.... okay it is HS Girls Fast Pitch / still a great game.
  8. Pitcher gets 8 / the others are only allowed 5 tosses and only if new to game or position.
  9. Pretty sure in OBR only a player new to game or position is allowed to warm-up... then only five tosses/ Im sure one of you rule guys can look that up. Depending on level of play not a big deal. In the games I work, it can be.
  10. Dude... time of throw / and we were doing so well.
  11. Erick... not a bad idea to be a little farmilier with the rule book but NOT the rules... be careful that you dont think you understand any of the rules. You will be taught how to approach the rule book at camp. Again.... the best advise I can give you is DO NOT LISTEN TO ANYONE. Even at camp pay no attention to anyone but the instructors. Work out / be in shape / if you really want to do well.... listen to no one and do not umpire. Sounds nuts but it will help. If you are selected, work hard every time you are on the field... no exceptions / good luck. oh yea.... Id advise you to stay away from these web sites... nuts uh?
  12. I have been... you may hate this advise but the best thing you can do is STOP umpiring... yes STOP. Do not learn the bad habits by working in any system that is not taught at the School. You will have very little chance of learning the system if you think you already know parts of it.... hang up your stuff and work on getting ready for the school. Work out, run, lift and by all means do not umpire any level of baseball. Do not take any umpire advise from anyone that is not on the staff at the school. If you really want to do well listen and learn but only to the instructors while you are at school.... DO NOT UMPIRE before you go. Good luck.
  13. Sorry, Chief... I was trying to be funny. I really do not like the idea of calling time just to get back to the plate... but that could be a post by itself.
  14. After reading your eval it looks like you need to work on a better pre-game, rules knowlege and be a bit more assertive... Do they really want you to call time to get back in position?? Haha
  15. Coach... I am not totally up on the pony rules set but IF there is a provision for re-entry the pitcher would be able to return to the game and to pitch.
  16. 2009 crews were posted on the MLB.com page today sometime.
  17. We do seem to have some things in common.... I kicked off my ASA slow ball season last night and have my first Legion games this weekend and have already worked 6 high school fast pitch games. Enjoy your season.
  18. Larry... I joined only so I might get to work with you some day some place.
  19. This is great... Larry and I agree on something. PU stays home with runner on second base with a few exceptions... BU has play at first and play at third if runner trys to advance.
  20. I am just north of you in Montana... welcome.
  21. Long johns in Montana hot or cold...
  22. Hey Mike... if you are the same guy on the other forum asking about Brian Knight getting released.... the answer is no. Who did you hear that from?

  23. Sure get the double play if you know they would have gotten it without the inter by the runner. Kinda like some of the other plays we have exchanged ideas on over the past few weeks....
  24. Big surprise... I support his ruling but know that the rule is for a play at the plate. I believe that the batter interferance makes it real hard to sell that the play at the plate may not have happened... So think of the words "possible play at the plate" / if you know that no possible play at the plate could happen ( runner from third falls, pitcher cuts the throw or catcher only throws because of the batters actions.... on and on ) so if no possible play ever on R3 okay send em back / me, if I ever see this messed up play will be better informed by this post.
  25. Mike... I agree... it helps to see the play / the way the OP read with the runner 2/3 of the way to second it makes me think the runner could have moved as to not get hit with the throw... that is the key for me, if he can avoid getting hit and does not then Im getting the BR as well.... if the runner cannot avoid being hit then maybe no double play... pure judgement on that one.
×
×
  • Create New...