-
Posts
2,858 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
59
Everything posted by gnhbua93
-
@JaxRolo willing to make an even trade for a M/L Vintage Gold.
-
Looks like Douglas, but would be better for him or any MLB umpire if they use Force3 leg guards.
-
Chief, to get powder coated gold? It looks sweet but we shall see how good it looks when worn. I'm dropping my in the mail tomorrow, for those that have experience using MaskIt, how long does it typically take for Tony to powder coat it? It should be around a week, more or less. Remember Mask-It is not his only job. Tony has a real job to. Chief, to get powder coated gold? It looks sweet but we shall see how good it looks when worn. I'm dropping my in the mail tomorrow, for those that have experience using MaskIt, how long does it typically take for Tony to powder coat it? It should be around a week, more or less. Remember Mask-It is not his only job. Tony has a real job to.
-
No. They err on the side of caution, saying UP TO an additional 2 weeks.
-
now that's a much more detailed question! I loved @goindeep answer to the .
-
http://www.umpire.org/store/product_info.php?products_id=165
-
Get the Force3 instead.
-
The fit will be better the longer you use it. Don't jump the gun.
-
@Majordave @Mr Ump, we want photos of your caps inside the respective cases please, thank you.
-
I would worry if the Featherweights turn on anybody in the bases
-
The riveted version, not the velcro version is what he sells. There was a time that he put the velcro version photo on his auction.
-
The SC-522 is better.
-
I just brought my Nike steel to Mask-it. Saw a photo of a Wilson Ti in gold for a member of this website. Looks very cool and Tony liked it that much that he is planning on doing one for him.
-
@JoHart10 where you get it from?
-
Age of guys to go to The Umpire Schools
gnhbua93 replied to mbkcoach's topic in Minor League Baseball Umpire Training Academy
Straight answer 36, yes, is too old. If you want to learn to umpire the Professional mechanics way then go. If you go with getting a job mentality, don't go. Remember every umpire school or clinic is a business. Businesses are created to make money. They will tell you what you want to hear so they can get in your pocket. About the Evans situation as I see it and this is my opinion, and you all know what I say about opinions, the bowling alley incident was used as a subterfuge or a scape goat to take Evans out of the picture in the umpire training business. I can't believe how objective can be, be trained by PBUC, then be send to PBUC evaluation and offered a job to work for PBUC as a MiLB umpire. They were the jury and executioner of the job done by Wendelstedt and Evans. Now they become judges too after The Umpire School creation. I have to add let the Judicial System decide in a court of Law. I'm part of the court of public opinion. @Thunderheads so you don't complain about the fuel. -
Age of guys to go to The Umpire Schools
gnhbua93 replied to mbkcoach's topic in Minor League Baseball Umpire Training Academy
Straight answer 36, yes, is too old. If you want to learn to umpire the Professional mechanics way then go. If you go with getting a job mentality, don't go. Remember every umpire school or clinic is a business. Businesses are created to make money. They will tell you what you want to hear so they can get in your pocket. About the Evans situation as I see it and this is my opinion, and you all know what I say about opinions, the bowling alley incident was used as a subterfuge or a scape goat to take Evans out of the picture in the umpire training business. I can't believe how objective can be, be trained by PBUC, then be send to PBUC evaluation and offered a job to work for PBUC as a MiLB umpire. They were the jury and executioner of the job done by Wendelstedt and Evans. Now they become judges too after The Umpire School creation. -
Bump
- 3 replies
-
- Smittylong sleeveshirt
- umpire
- (and 4 more)
-
@JaxRolo and @Majordave go for it.
-
http://www.honigs.com/detail.asp?Item=1599&Sub=176
-
UE, WV gold, wv platinum, or Douglas cp and shin guards?
gnhbua93 replied to mbkcoach's topic in Umpire Equipment
The CP needs to cover the majority of your rib cage. -
UE, WV gold, wv platinum, or Douglas cp and shin guards?
gnhbua93 replied to mbkcoach's topic in Umpire Equipment
@bam what mask would you trade the Douglas for? -
Would be nice if the Customers Reviews in Ump-Attire had the date that they were wrote on.
-
I ordered a L/S shirt and a S/S shirt from them and received it in 2 days. I will buy from them again.
-
It's good that it have a 3 year warranty. But doesn't beat the Force3 mask warranty.
-
This is why you don't recommend $100+ leg guards to a 12U umpire. Buy equipment to fit your level, based on the money you make per game. If you're only making $30 a game, there's no need to be purchasing $500+ in uniforms and equipment. A $40 mask is going to protect you just as well as a Nike mask. A $50 chest protector is going to protect you just as well (at that level) as a Riddell Power. A cheap pair of leg guards is going to protect you just as well as the Unequals. I make $250, 300, and more per game depending on the location. I can afford top of the line stuff. When you're starting off, save where you can and invest in your future. Clinics, Educational materials, etc. are going to help you much more than "looking cool" with top of the line equipment. Show off. You are saying that so he attend Mid American Umpire Clinic
