Jump to content

johnnyg08

Moderators
  • Posts

    8,997
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    88

Everything posted by johnnyg08

  1. Truthfully, 100% chance you get less of an argument if you rule it this way. No one expect the run to count.
  2. We absolutely do not.
  3. Think about full count plays, could you hypothetically score two runs? Bases loaded, runners off/sprinting on the pitch, R1 interferes with F4 on the high pop up after R2 & R3 score. BR, touches first. score two runs, game over, 4-3 walk off.
  4. Yeah, I'm not wrapping my head around allowing a run to score on interference when there's literally no other way that run scores b/c the ball will be caught for the third out. I mean, SH*#, under that premise always interfere instead of run the bases on some SH*#ty pop up for the third out.
  5. I took a hit on one of the best evaluations I ever received. If I was going to get dinged on something, let it be my shoes. No one else noticed or cared.
  6. I'm unsure it matters. I mean, it's nothing in the scorebook. I think it's similar to a time play where there's R3, R2, 2 out and R3 crosses home plate before R2 is tagged out for the third out. Whether or not the BR reached 1B or not, that run scores. Maybe it's not similar, but I think conceptually it is.
  7. I think with two outs the batter/runner is out and no run scores.
  8. Let me reach out to my vendor, who I consider a friend and has the logo file. I value the friendship more than the caps. If I get his blessing, I will reach out. Thank you.
  9. R2 and R3. 2 outs. High pop up to F5 in fair territory. After R3 touches home, R2 interferes with F5 before he catches the ball. When a runner interferes with a batted ball, the normal rule is that the runner is out, the BR gets first, and all other runners get their last base attained at time of interference. That would allow R3 to score.
  10. My vendor is telling me the same thing. I have samples of the laser-made holes ones and they will do the job, but they're a substantial downgrade from what we're used to. I fear that my umpires will not be happy.
  11. Appreciate it! If I can't get 530, 540, or 550....what are the comparable models? Specifically black. If I could only pick two models, I'd want the 4 stitch & 6 stitch...looks like maybe their site has a "surge" model. Finally, are all vendors ordering directly from Richardson?
  12. Is Richardson discontinuing the 530, 540, & 550 umpire caps? I'm working on an embroidery order with a vendor and I'm wondering if it's their inventory issue or if they're moving on from those models? What, if anything do you know about this? The vendor is recommending Model #'s 633, 643, 653 I'm unsure that my staff wants Flex Fits....but maybe they do and I'm old school?
  13. The most notable one offer some clarity of FPSR and going into the base standing.
  14. Only 11 this year. Down almost 50% They must have cleared up everything else! 🙂
  15. I cut all of that out b/c the announcers were clueless (shock)...it seemed as though they were only reviewing safe/out.
  16. Sweet dreams
  17. Here's one from this weekend
  18. How do you manage the tri-glides on the harness of your CP? Are you running them to the top of the neck area of the CP or do you try to keep them toward the middle of your back? Some other way? What about the wrap straps?
  19. It will become situational. Late, in a close game a strike 3, ball 4 or called 3rd to end the game will be challenged. I'll be interested in the situational data.
  20. I like the term 'excessive contact' for that reason. Malice/malicious w/o a definition is not a good term.
  21. The nice thing about strict OBR is that there's no reentry. It's a bit easier to manage.
×
×
  • Create New...