Jump to content

ump7tony

Members
  • Posts

    81
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    5

Everything posted by ump7tony

  1. I have a used Champion CP210 (15") for $50 shipped and a Champion CP240 (13") for $50 shipped.
  2. @grayhawk .. I've modified/built many Cps for myself and other local umpires. My experience has been that manufacturers do not spend money on "extra fabric" unless it's important to the function of the CP. That fabric provides channels for air to flow between the CP and the body. Also, it provides impact cushioning between the firmer padding and the body. So removing it will compromise those performance attributes. Wearing the CP tight will help reduce the "slapping" against your skin, but will not address reduced airflow. Neither will be fatal flaws, but there will be an effect. My advice...try different things until you find what works for you.
  3. The "quantity left" warning is gone, but the listing is still active as of 9pm 5/28. My guess is Force3 is blowing out V3 units thru Amazon to prepare for the introduction of V4 designs. Same thoughts about the shins. A good time to get really good CP and shins at a really good price
  4. Here's the direct link as of 9pm 5/26... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CB6RXGR9/ref=sspa_dk_detail_0?psc=1&pd_rd_i=B0CB6RXGR9&pd_rd_w=7l7Uf&content-id=amzn1.sym.d81b167d-1f9e-48b6-87d8-8aa5e473ea8c&pf_rd_p=d81b167d-1f9e-48b6-87d8-8aa5e473ea8c&pf_rd_r=A5GQWF7F9F4H7TZ53HBW&pd_rd_wg=EBd4e&pd_rd_r=87c4de50-7808-4928-b34e-3121b547c1c2&s=sporting-goods&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9kZXRhaWxfdGhlbWF0aWM I am a Prime member, but this should be available to anyone... Amazon member or not.
  5. At least V2 (has blast shields). Can't tell if it is V3 from this listing.
  6. Not sure why you would want this CP with such poor protective performance, but here is one on eBay right now... https://www.ebay.com/itm/276387727222?itmmeta=01HSNXP9CG0HVH698MXKNB84CH&hash=item4059fe0776:g:EIQAAOSwBmJl-GUw&itmprp=enc%3AAQAJAAAA0I6vjqbcbMnVketdW1YNH6ZuUzwcGahmEmFCexMg6a9FR2jcrO%2Fw7qd4GGjOyrED5NPnQyGWe3f3VUTw9F0O8wYidosE4BBTfnfaYajYqzxMT3Dm7Wdznwvqwjj%2FHLYjcNzU7brzhUaoIA7kqMbvAXZgcuVPbPQpkUzQmb8q2Bz0vPTENvVqkSa%2BFIGjq28GM0Mp7MWL2xC%2FRT6dik%2Bj2dCbyNZbTnQgR7epxmILew7kqYc4zqHoXkYxNFwNpchxFkCDAHFzBpSYOhMqoC%2BJg3Y%3D|tkp%3ABk9SR66W2b3NYw
  7. I have struggled with a herniated L3 disk for many years. Tried lots of belts with varying degrees of help. For guys that want a little "squeeze", these elastic belts are fine. However, there are many much cheaper alternatives. Here are a couple on Amazon... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0C7ZC7233/ref=sspa_dk_detail_5?pd_rd_i=B0C7ZC7233&pd_rd_w=41Hqo&content-id=amzn1.sym.a8bfa847-39f1-4f54-bb95-ee052e9f7910&pf_rd_p=a8bfa847-39f1-4f54-bb95-ee052e9f7910&pf_rd_r=J8333M6D61Q1FYWE5RSJ&pd_rd_wg=k7q86&pd_rd_r=4d3bfd2d-c454-4f4b-a92f-0ee415d0ac8e&s=apparel&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9kZXRhaWxfdGhlbWF0aWM&th=1 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09JJXNH2M/ref=sspa_sp_vse_RVP_detail_4?sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF92c2VfUlZQX2RldGFpbA&th=1 If you have actual back problems, a true support "belt" is a better alternative. I use various styles from "Copper Fit". Some are 2-3" wide elastic straps. I use their 3-6" wide unit that incorporates a plastic plate in the back for additional support. I put it on, adjusting the tightness/support I need that day, and then put on my normal gear base/plate. After 2-3 plates and 2-3 bases in a day, I insert either a hot pack or cold pack for post game relief. For me...a life saver. This is the simple unit... https://copperfitusa.com/collections/back/products/advanced-back-pro This one includes a plastic plate AND gel packs for heating or icing your back. https://copperfitusa.com/products/rapid-relief-back-support Do a Google search and you'l find better pricing than on the CopperFit (MSRP) website. Hope this helps those with aching backs find some relief. PS: I do not get anything from suppliers for this info. Just trying to help fellow umpires.
  8. Madmax ... Thanks for the comments. The CP is all that. I actually used a custom, home made harness with this unit to improve the "snugness" of the fit. Comfortable and very protective. I couldn't do anything to solve the second shortcoming...made by +POS 😄
  9. More stuff from my storage closet. Shins are 18" and in very good condition. CP (16" model) and the mask are in excellent condition with light usage. CP is nearly bullet proof and has excellent coverage for clavicle and shoulder areas. Mask is a later version and is super light. Shins are low profile but still protective. The black plate coat is size 42. Everything is in great condition. These items were the quality things to have back in the day. They are really hard to find semi-collector items but are still fully functional for high school and college use. Use them or hang them on your wall 😃 Send me offers for each or all. Thanks. PS: I have guys in my two groups looking for Adams XV and System7 CPs so I'm open to trades.
  10. For those preferring a 3/2/2 indicator, there's one on eBay for $9.49 w/free shipping now... https://www.ebay.com/itm/141937232059?epid=1000120914&itmmeta=01HQK2V5NJX50V30BECDA8WHYV&hash=item210c1e48bb:g:PBUAAOSwaflcyFrs&itmprp=enc%3AAQAIAAAA4PTBWMUsIl9RaPtx4y0x7xwNdEorViVKFV4mrQyKICpLQnQzBl7BgKTdTobFyMQavMiWeY9sS7ZmxZ2nj0U46nAUSUVqo5pvT%2BDfDbzM4zzwFwuYHGzVmNSJuH0wc%2FitYQyenT8ig%2Bz6VC9GuN3EouQhAaZH2PRtGJM--07OqZ0Bjvax2G7GvjTsBx7g1NDZdyZij5EG1OlWnTcnJTKsTAhR2wuuIQZcD9oQM%2F3dOaiaNyn6fw8Ih3txR%2B2m%2BBto2U%2BSqFDxlfuT9zIkLcKR6LBcllPqtmLY%2BRYSd969BDZZ|tkp%3ABk9SR4bb7OK8Yw
  11. Hard to find configuration that some guys are looking for... $15.94 shipped. Yeah, not cheap, but most of this design come from Japan for $30+ https://www.ebay.com/itm/296223422136?epid=1280553395&itmmeta=01HPQ0FBE0QNPR6M8MR8TNC1SK&hash=item44f84ab6b8:g:pecAAOSwxQlly~Ak&itmprp=enc%3AAQAIAAAAwJr5Xi1kfMqCPxb5h%2BiOGH0djV3ngUtgw6GCX1ReS3qS0xpXmJGPwXxWxjcCl%2FC0kTF%2FsxNhw72Ww41aSCBsKLLIjzUvEYcXr%2BsSpTOAZv2J2eg93B7cAfUqbZWMowAg6gNOQbYlqC%2BpTG2kS0oO%2FB1HvezK010NCo5%2BlHDwYrBUpkF8zfTcJQrl5uxeykTcu72pQYIiLBNLGKGyYWP13Umrz%2FxvfLJtGBvcSsi7CVVAo4eflewExkhi%2BdfoWzKvjA%3D%3D|tkp%3ABk9SR5K3veC1Yw
  12. I have the Douglas and the first Wilson "West Vest" and the second generation Wilson which incorporates the "gap" covers. Other than the names and stickers on each CP, they look almost identical to me. Same plate thicknesses, same pads, same carapace and shoulder plates, same modular breastplate, same harness. Same impact resistance/feel when I've worn them. Why is the Douglas so sought after and the Wilson is not?
  13. Bowdy35 ... You used the photo from my recent listing for a black Douglas CP (that was sold in 1 day). No problem except you're looking for a 15" version and my photo is of a 13" version. The 15" CP has an additional front plate for a total of 3.
  14. @Thunderheads ... sold, lock it up, please!
  15. Hard to find...Nice original Douglas CP. Upgraded harness and gap covers. Low profile with great protection. I used it for college and semipro ball. Only selling it because I'm retiring and rather have someone else enjoy it instead of it hanging in my closet. $125. Buy this and my Force3 mask and I'll pay for shipping.
  16. Hi rhinolith... Ground Advantage would be $20. Not sure how "ground" can be done across the Pacific 😄 Only issue...it will take almost 3 weeks to get to you by that method. Priority Mail would get there in about a week and is only $4 more. If you want the mask, i'll cover the extra $4 so your cost would be $120 shipped. Does that work for you? If yes, message me and we'll work out the details privately. Thanks...Tony ump7tony
  17. The Man in Blue Basic physics. Conservation of momentum. Mass1 x velocity1 = Mass2 x velocity2 where mass1 is the velocity of the ball and mass2 is the velocity of the mask crashing back onto your face. Solving for velocity2... 5ounces x 90mph = 4000lbs x 16ounces/pound x velocity2 velocity2 = 0.007mph = barely a nudge on your face Oh...wait...were you just being facetious? Sorry, the engineer in me got carried away. 😄 :-)
  18. The lower pad has a leather area (on this mask it's tan) that is not a feature of the V1 mask. Many guys like the feel of leather on their chin vs the vinyl feel of the V1 mask. The upper pad on both versions does not have a leather area since most guys wear hats/helmets and "feel" is not applicable in that area. I doubt they're referring to the two-tone lower pad. gnhbua93 mentioned "No panda top pad" and tpatience "Force 3 has a pad that covers the springs better on the top". gnhbua93 Are you pointing out that Force3 does not offer a leather area on their upper pad? This mask has everything they do currently offer.
  19. My V2 mask looks just like the stock photos on the Force3 website. There is no mention of an optional pad. Is it something sold by a third party? Anyone have a pic of a "panda pad"?
  20. gnhbua93 What's a "panda top pad"?? This mask has all of the factory stock pieces including the extra sunshield.
  21. Retired from working college ball so I'm selling this latest version mask with 3 shock absorbing springs, leather pad, and the $30 F3 sunshield. These are selling new for $230. I'm selling this very good condition mask...no tears, dents, chips, etc... for $100 plus shipping.
  22. Looking forward to your list. I have several new guys in my high school group that need used, affordable gear to get started.
  23. wolfe-man... I just posted an eBay link to a "TeamWendy" mask. You might be interested.

    https://www.ebay.com/itm/126066572267?hash=item1d5a273beb:g:JawAAOSw4Uhk6Tpx

    ump7tony

    1. wolfe_man

      wolfe_man

      Unfortunately, that's not a real thing.  It's an old Wilson steel vinyl-dipped (heavy) umpire mask with old TW pads on it.  I wouldn't waste a bid on it unless you are throwing the old pads away and having the mask sent in for a strip and powder-coat.   So, the $55 investment is going to climb closer to $150 by the time you get the mask re-done and new pads and harness on it.

      Hard pass for me.

      :)

  24. I have recently listed one on this board that's in excellent condition. I've tried pretty much every main CP over the years and now have too much equipment. So some of it is for sale.
  25. Epic Sports has size 40 for $31.79 plus shipping... https://baseball.epicsports.com/prod/125229/champro-the-field-combo-umpire-baseball-pants.html
×
×
  • Create New...