-
Posts
1,686 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
22
Everything posted by semper_fi_72
-
When I wear mine I keep my hat in the trunk of my car
-
+2 You can tear it apart in video but making the call live is what counts.
-
Sounds like his TG may not be being worn properly.
-
Timing....Timing....Timing Don't make a call till the play is completed.
-
I am concerned about the 50 lb limit on my checked bag going to Cooperstown Dreams Park, so I am only packing one. Wait I can carry a back up with me if I can get it past TSA Gate Screening.....lol
-
That is according to the NFHS Rules but may still be required by State Associations. I am betting California will still require umpires to check equipment. I can not count how many helmets I have removed during pre game checks for cracks and I know it wasn't the first time they were told.
-
Return to base at TOP.
-
I see Kemp stepping on the plate at :03 in. That puts him in fair territory and I have interference and a out. He did not just stand in the batters box.
-
Study Finds Racial/Ethnic Bias Among Baseball Umpires
semper_fi_72 replied to yawetag's topic in Professional
I could careless of race, color, creed or sex. If F1 can throw strikes and gets outs I like them. :notworthy: -
The bolded part is the 1st mistake in the OP. We like to refer to a runner at 3B as R3 and a runner at 1B as R1. It makes the association a little easier to understand. It is no different. If the batter is called out for any reason before he reaches 1B, no runs count if it is the 3rd out. R1 1B R2 2B R3 3B Timing plays do not come into play until BR has reached 1B safely and then either he or another runner is put out. If BR is declared out at 1B there can be no timing play.
-
If you didnt see it you shouldnt of signaled and once partner called the out you should drop your signal. If you weren't sure, you shouldn't have signaled. By signaling you took ownership for the D3K. So yes it is now your call. Of course you PU Partner needs to work on his timing problem he appears to have. In this case you both walked in front of the bus holding hands. :shakehead:
-
Huhhh ??? R1 is runner on 1B R2 is runner on 2B R3 is runner on 3B Stay away from Fed system.
-
You definitely have to much time on your hands. Would have loved to seen you walk into the PO with the masks to weigh them Is this guy having trouble picking which mask he is going to wear to rob the PO :rolleyes:
-
Back to OM3's post. I am looking for outs any where I can get them. If his foot went over the bag, I am getting an out. If you decide to continue calling this the way you have decided and against the way everyone else is calling it, you will be in for some serious grief from not only coaches but from your fellow umpires. As you already said your partner said you should have called him out. This may be a path that can make you a very lonely umpire. May want to reconsider what battle you want to fight.
-
I once had a ball on the 1B line. In field fly if fair. Ball lands in fair ground between F1 and F2. I yell, batters out. Ball bounce foul and I realize neither on them touched it. I then say foul, ball was not touched. Batter back in the box. Not a complaint from anyone.
-
I wear bifocal contacts for reading. Only need them to read my indicator and line ups. When I work the bases I don't even need them.
-
No Partner there you should have not changed out of Plate Gear. As far as work from behind the mound and plate, lesson learned and you know acknowledge "We Told You So"
-
HS Legion Ball Game 1 Man Mechanics Batter bunts up 3B Line. F1 fields ball about 25 feet up the line and about 15 feet inside the line. F1s throw to F3 hits BR in the back about 5 feet before 1B. BR is just outside of the line and in the lane. I have nothing. Coach calls time and comes out and says he was inside the line and should be out. I said no coach, he was outside the foul line and in the lane. He says no, anytime a batter bunts like that he always runs on the inside of the foul line to reduce the angle of the throw. Coach he was outside the foul line and in the lane. F2 Pipes in, "Coach I have the same thing the Blue has". Coach walks back to dugout. As F2 sets up for next batter, I brush off the plate and tell F2, guess the play stands 2 votes to 1. The same coach had also asked where several pitches were during the game that I called balls. F2 replied exactly where they missed. Inside, Outside etc without giving any indication I should have called it a strike. I love good catchers.
-
Always remember Perception is Reality. While you didn't think anything was special, he did. Great job. Have also gotten those when there wasn't anything that happened in the game and didn't think we were even noticed. Someone is always watching. Keep up the great work.
-
If there is no chance it can be fair, there is no IFF. Say nothing. It must be Fair for IFF to be in effect.
-
There are several guys I can walk on the field with, without doing a pre-game (not that we don't), not give any signals, (not that we don't) and we know what each other is thinking and doing. When doing games with them it is so easy and enjoyable. As they say down under "No Worries Mate".
-
OBR It is USSSA rule and policy that managers are responsible for players, coaches and parents. Also remember TD had already taken initial responsibility and issued the warning for their actions outside the fence. Not trying to start an argument or nit-pik, but here is the USSSA rule on ejections: USSSA Rule 11.02 Any player, coach, manager, sponsor or spectator whose conduct is unbecoming or abusive shall at a minimum be reprimanded with a warning. If warranted, the offending party shall be ejected from the game at the discretion of the Umpires and / or the League / Tournament Director. You can eject the fan, but not a coach for the actions of a fan. Here is the OBR rule (9.01.D) Each umpire has authority to disqualify any player, coach, manager or substitute for objecting to decisions or for unsportsmanlike conduct or language, and to eject such disqualified person from the playing field. If an umpire disqualifies a player while a play is in progress, the disqualification shall not take effect until no further action is possible in that play. Doesn't say anything about a spectator. Once the TD stepped in and warned the spectator, you have every right to suspend the game until the TD removes the offending spectator, but you cannot eject a coach or manager for spectator behavior. Managers are responsible for the conduct of his players and fans at all times. Managers are subject to ejection if his players or fans are out of control. The above statement is taken right from the Tournament Rules.
-
Important point to remember. With runners on base a good pitcher needs to try and deceive the runners. As long as that deception is legal we have no balk. A good pitcher will change, speed, motion etc during a game to keep runners guessing. A pitcher who doesn't is going to give up lots of stolen bases. EDIT Spend the money and get the Video. You will be happy you did.
-
Can't call what you can't see. Play it out and then check with partner as you did. If he was a good partner and observed the ball hit off the batter he should have been calling the foul as soon as it happened. Good job.
-
Little League All Star Game 4 man crew. I am Crew Chief and have the dish. R3 1 out. R3 is taking big leads and F1 throws over and catches R3 way off the bag. He then breaks for HP. Ball is thrown home to catcher and R3 never turns back towards 3B to get into a run down. Instead he sucks both arms up into his chest, drops a shoulder and runs into F2. F2 makes the tag I have an out and a EJ. Manager then asked why I EJ the player. Where you the only one that didn't see the play?????? Player is then still in dugout and I advise Manger he has to leave dug out. Manager says there are no parents there. Ok send him to the Tournament Table to sit out the game. Some team parent actually comes over to Tournament Table and asks if they can have him sit with them for the rest of the game in the stands. TD tells her, No. If his parents aren't here to take him home he remains there until the game is over. They only had 10 players on the lineup. Unless they had some no shows I guess they are playing with 9 in there next game sine they did win the game.
