Jump to content
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 558 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Recommended Posts

Posted

Stumbled on an old pair of Oakley fast jackets while I'm re-equipping and would love to find some extra lenses to keep them going -- long shot but does anyone have a pair of lenses for them? Did a quick search on here and saw some mentions in the equipment forum from a long time ago, so curious if somebody has something in the back of the closet...Thanks!

Posted

If they're Flak Jackets, they may be out of production. If that's the case, then I think the jungle-themed e-store is your best bet (or evil Bay). If they're Flak 2.0, lens options will be more plentiful.

If you're a veteran or first responder (or know someone who is) the Oakley military/first responder discount program (oakleysi.com) is pretty fantastic (like nearly a 50% discount).

Posted

Thanks -- they are Fast jackets -- they were a version of the flak jacket with a little tab to change lenses more easily. Googling today and they seem to be less popular than the Flak jackets in the best of times, and definitely discontinued now. Looks like there are some aftermarket lenses on Amazon but would love to find some Oakley lenses -- as you said may just need to be patient on Ebay

  • Like 1
Posted

Well, I learned something today--I had never heard of fast jackets. I have opted for jungle site lenses with other Oakleys and had pretty good luck, FWIW.

  • Like 1
Posted

@MAUmpire, if you don't find genuine Oakley replacements OR don't care if they are genuine Oakley lenses, these guys will make you new lenses for your Fast Jackets starting at $25 and offer a full range of colored mirrored coatings and non-colored mirrors and non-mirrors: https://www.revantoptics.com/products/oakley-fast-jacket-xl-replacement-lenses?_pos=1&_sid=c41a969b3&_ss=r

I can't speak for the company or their products. If anyone has anything to say on these guys, please post...

~Dawg

Posted
On 3/24/2025 at 3:19 PM, 834k3r said:

If they're Flak Jackets, they may be out of production. If that's the case, then I think the jungle-themed e-store is your best bet (or evil Bay). If they're Flak 2.0, lens options will be more plentiful.

If you're a veteran or first responder (or know someone who is) the Oakley military/first responder discount program (oakleysi.com) is pretty fantastic (like nearly a 50% discount).

*60%. They give the employee discount 

  • Like 1
×
×
  • Create New...