Jump to content
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 1545 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Recommended Posts

Posted

LOL  I just this weekend had a 10U setting up out there leaving me well exposed and the Pitcher was laying them in there consistent and from the dugouts what looked like right over the middle of the plate.

I called ball on every single one of them and in between innings mentioned it to the BU I had with me. He said yeah he could clearly see the catcher setting up way outside. He was like mention it to him.

Coaches never grumbled about it but the fans did. 

Very next game 3 towns away BU and I reversed and he got the plate and I was out on the bases. HE HAD THE SAME THING HAPPEN. I was standing there in B or C and watching the catcher just plant himself 6 inches into the out side batters box and of course the pitcher would just lay them right in there like he was playing catch. and OF course the fans were all over my partner about it.

Although this time the coach in between innings asked him and I happened to hear him say Look at where I am standing if you see me wide open its because that catcher is way over in the other box.

After that no issue and they kept chirping at the catcher when he did slide over, this was a 11U game

 

 

Posted
22 minutes ago, ArchAngel72 said:

LOL  I just this weekend had a 10U setting up out there leaving me well exposed and the Pitcher was laying them in there consistent and from the dugouts what looked like right over the middle of the plate.

I called ball on every single one of them and in between innings mentioned it to the BU I had with me. He said yeah he could clearly see the catcher setting up way outside. He was like mention it to him.

Coaches never grumbled about it but the fans did. 

Very next game 3 towns away BU and I reversed and he got the plate and I was out on the bases. HE HAD THE SAME THING HAPPEN. I was standing there in B or C and watching the catcher just plant himself 6 inches into the out side batters box and of course the pitcher would just lay them right in there like he was playing catch. and OF course the fans were all over my partner about it.

Although this time the coach in between innings asked him and I happened to hear him say Look at where I am standing if you see me wide open its because that catcher is way over in the other box.

After that no issue and they kept chirping at the catcher when he did slide over, this was a 11U game

 

 

I had the SAME thing happen in a 10 U tourney that lead to the ejection of the coach.  Catcher kept setting up over the other batters box, and the hit his spots perfectly.  I called none of them, and kept telling the catcher what he was doing, and the coach chirped a TON.  I ended up ejecting him after way too much leash.

Posted

Consider the handedness of the pitcher vs the batter.  A lefty might not get anything on the outside.  Geometry says so!  But he'll get the inside.  Thus, a righty will be the opposite, and it will look inconsistent to the spectators.  In lower leagues, I tell that to the catcher when his coach is whining.

Mike

Las Vegas

  • Like 2
×
×
  • Create New...