Base shoe recommendations

Sw-ump
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 781 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Unfortunately, I am currently limited to New Balance due to a 4E width, and cannot provide assistance in this area.  HOWEVER, if I were to receive messages regarding another shoe (that I am unable to find anywhere) that comes in 4E width, then my post here has been successful.😁

I ordered the Roshe spikeless ones I mentioned above. For me, the Nike shoes just fit me better. While I wait for those to arrive, I ordered the Nike Roshe GTour shoes for those wet days and muddy fields. Wore them on Saturday. Great comfort while standing. Felt as if I were standing on the field in a running shoe. Running in them, they felt a little stiff, but I have a feeling they will break in over time. Lateral movements were no issue. The grip on the bottom gives me the confidence to move quickly in any direction. They appear very "dress shoe" like, as they are the TOUR model. Wearing them I felt like a 1970s AL umpire, and I wanted to go get a burgandy jacket to match them. These will be getting a spit shine in the next few days.  Below are a couple of pics from the umpire "locker room". Thoughts?

golf2.jpg

golf1.jpg

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, concertman1971 said:

I ordered the Roshe spikeless ones I mentioned above. For me, the Nike shoes just fit me better. While I wait for those to arrive, I ordered the Nike Roshe GTour shoes for those wet days and muddy fields. Wore them on Saturday. Great comfort while standing. Felt as if I were standing on the field in a running shoe. Running in them, they felt a little stiff, but I have a feeling they will break in over time. Lateral movements were no issue. The grip on the bottom gives me the confidence to move quickly in any direction. They appear very "dress shoe" like, as they are the TOUR model. Wearing them I felt like a 1970s AL umpire, and I wanted to go get a burgandy jacket to match them. These will be getting a spit shine in the next few days.  Below are a couple of pics from the umpire "locker room". Thoughts?

golf2.jpg

golf1.jpg

They look nice to me!

6 minutes ago, concertman1971 said:

golf2.jpg

golf1.jpg

For some reason, the lack of stitching around the toe area doesn't look right (FOR ME).  Not necessarily saying it looks bad, but ... its as if something is missing ... again, ... just my two cents 

Regarding the Skechers...

Absolutely F*#King amazingly comfortable. My first time out with them was working U3/U1 on a 7/9 DH and I felt like I could do it again. I cannot express how good they feel. The downside is that the spikes are not removable. This resulted in having to get used to some extra traction moving forward and backwards, limiting the ability to twist on them. 

I give them a perfect 5 out of 7.

• Thanks 1