Coolest thing in 20 years of umpiring

Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 753 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

• 1 month later...
On 12/30/2021 at 6:47 PM, MadMax said:

This is when a plate coat comes in handy. 

The subtle umpire uniform! Good call. Maybe drop in a nice black mock turtleneck.

I think the only one of us that could pull the "honey, i need to buy a $220 umpire plate coat so I look good on TV for this kids signing day" is @Aging_Arbiter

On 12/30/2021 at 9:47 PM, MadMax said:

This is when a plate coat comes in handy. 

I have always said this...Plate Coat by Day...Dinner Jacket at night

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/1/2022 at 12:00 PM, BT_Blue said:

The subtle umpire uniform! Good call. Maybe drop in a nice black mock turtleneck.

I think the only one of us that could pull the "honey, i need to buy a $220 umpire plate coat so I look good on TV for this kids signing day" is @Aging_Arbiter

don't be a hater, it doesn't "suit" you

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Aging_Arbiter said:

I know, but hate the player, not the GAME..............didn't give me an opportunity to enter the SUIT reference.

Can we hate the player BECAUSE of the game?

I've noticed we haven't gotten an update from the OP on what seemed like was going to be a great story. Makes me a bit sad.

Just now, BT_Blue said:

Can we hate the player BECAUSE of the game?

I've noticed we haven't gotten an update from the OP on what seemed like was going to be a great story. Makes me a bit sad.

well, i haven't been on here for quite some time, so just catching up on sarcasm and tongue fu.

• 1 month later...

Sorry about the delay. I got to leave work long enough to go over and attend the signing. He's going to Florida State College at Jacksonville. It was a local news story and probably had 50-60 people attend. I'm really going to enjoy his senior high school season knowing that he is using his talent to better himself. 

584.jpeg

• Like 3