Collegiate Summer Baseball Invitational

jms1425
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 1405 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

I could be wrong but it looked like a local association logo on their hats. 

Besides being on TV, I’m not sure how sweet it would be to only be allowed to be at the hotel or ballpark for an entire week. 

5 hours ago, JSam21 said:

Besides being on TV, I’m not sure how sweet it would be to only be allowed to be at the hotel or ballpark for an entire week. 

After two months at home with my family ... SIGN ME UP!!!!!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JSam21 said:

I was just in Amarillo and Texas citizens are nowhere near doing anything resembling sheltering or wearing masks.  It's full bore pre covid 19 right now.  And if you are in Amarillo eat the cheeseburger at Bubba's 33, possibly the best cheeseburger I've ever eaten in my life.

58 minutes ago, umpstu said:

I was just in Amarillo and Texas citizens are nowhere near doing anything resembling sheltering or wearing masks.  It's full bore pre covid 19 right now.  And if you are in Amarillo eat the cheeseburger at Bubba's 33, possibly the best cheeseburger I've ever eaten in my life.

We're going through Amarillo in a few weeks on our way to Oklahoma to visit the grandkids. We always stop at the Big Texan. Most times we are there, some poor sap is trying to eat the 72 ounce steak challenge. Quite entertaining!

May have to try Bubba's 33, too!

11 hours ago, JonnyCat said:

We're going through Amarillo in a few weeks on our way to Oklahoma to visit the grandkids. We always stop at the Big Texan. Most times we are there, some poor sap is trying to eat the 72 ounce steak challenge. Quite entertaining!

May have to try Bubba's 33, too!

lol.  Aside from the saphow is the food?  Forgot to mention that Bubba's onion rings are really good, too. Fries as well.

9 hours ago, umpstu said:

lol.  Aside from the saphow is the food?  Forgot to mention that Bubba's onion rings are really good, too. Fries as well.

The food is good, better than any chain steakhouse, cool atmosphere. They have family style table, booths, and upstairs seating. It's a huge place, fun to go to. Should be on everyone's bucket list when traveling through Amarillo!

On 6/5/2020 at 1:12 PM, umpstu said:

Everyone involved with this tournament was tested on June 1st when they arrived and they can only be at the park or hotel... that is according to the tournament organizers 

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry to revive this. Anyone else super annoyed that we all got teased with live baseball, only to have it ripped away by being told the only televised games were that night and the rest of the tournament was pay per view?

21 hours ago, BT_Blue said:

Sorry to revive this. Anyone else super annoyed that we all got teased with live baseball, only to have it ripped away by being told the only televised games were that night and the rest of the tournament was pay per view?

Meh... they had to make some money somehow

23 hours ago, BT_Blue said:

Yeah.  I wasn't too happy about it.