Jump to content
  • 0
Sign in to follow this  
BigVic69

Little League Junior Bats

Question

I read the rules for Junior baseball bats as:
All USA bats are ok
All BBCOR bats are ok
No BPF bats

My real question is that I do not see a drop restriction in the rules did I miss it?

Juniors can use a -3 or -5, right, as long as it is BBCOR or USA bats?

https://www.littleleague.org/playing-rules/bat-rules/

Last year we , a Junior League team, used BPF Marruci bats the entire season...oops. I pride myself in knowing the rules, I shall have to punish myself later...much later.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

10 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0
3 hours ago, BigVic69 said:

I read the rules for Junior baseball bats as:
All USA bats are ok
All BBCOR bats are ok
No BPF bats

My real question is that I do not see a drop restriction in the rules did I miss it?

Juniors can use a -3 or -5, right, as long as it is BBCOR or USA bats?

https://www.littleleague.org/playing-rules/bat-rules/

Last year we , a Junior League team, used BPF Marruci bats the entire season...oops. I pride myself in knowing the rules, I shall have to punish myself later...much later.

BBCOR cannot be "more" than a -3.

UISA bat doesn't have a drop limit but does have performance requirements that might limit the drop in order to meet the standard.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Mr. BigVic69, you didn’t miss it—they buried it. I followed the link you gave and I did not find the answer to your question on that page. However, it did have the following link in the last sentence of the second paragraph--Additional information is available at LittleLeague.org/batinfo.

Follow that link and you will arrive at a page titled Bat Information. Scroll down to find a video and watch that video. Narrating that video is a LL International Senior Vice President by the name of Patrick Wilson who explains the new bat rules. At the 1:33 mark a graphic appears stating that there is no drop weight limit. And just to confirm what that video says there is a second place to visit on that webpage titled USABat Standard FAQ. Click on the Read More link and it takes you to the FAQ. Scroll down to question 12 and you will see the following answer--The USABat baseball bat standard will not have a drop-weight limit, so young players can use bats made with light-weight materials.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

You used BPF bats all year last year - so is it safe to say your league's umpires don't do equipment checks or do they also not know the bat requirements?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
11 hours ago, Senor Azul said:

Mr. BigVic69, you didn’t miss it—they buried it. I followed the link you gave and I did not find the answer to your question on that page. However, it did have the following link in the last sentence of the second paragraph--Additional information is available at LittleLeague.org/batinfo.

Follow that link and you will arrive at a page titled Bat Information. Scroll down to find a video and watch that video. Narrating that video is a LL International Senior Vice President by the name of Patrick Wilson who explains the new bat rules. At the 1:33 mark a graphic appears stating that there is no drop weight limit. And just to confirm what that video says there is a second place to visit on that webpage titled USABat Standard FAQ. Click on the Read More link and it takes you to the FAQ. Scroll down to question 12 and you will see the following answer--The USABat baseball bat standard will not have a drop-weight limit, so young players can use bats made with light-weight materials.

It's not "buried" - it's inherent in the USA and BBCOR bat standards.  If the bat has the proper mark it's legal.

 

The law says you have to stop at a red traffict light. but It doesn't define "red".

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
24 minutes ago, Rich Ives said:

It's not "buried" - it's inherent in the USA and BBCOR bat standards.  If the bat has the proper mark it's legal.

 

The law says you have to stop at a red traffict light. but It doesn't define "red".

Except it does by incorporation.

https://mutcd.fhwa.dot.gov/kno-colorspec.htm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
22 hours ago, Matt said:

Except it does by incorporation.

https://mutcd.fhwa.dot.gov/kno-colorspec.htm

I guess you missed some key parts:

"The color specifications are used to determine the color of sign sheeting and pavement marking"

"The following are Pantone specifications for printing purposes only. They provide a guide for selecting appropriate ink colors to closely match the standard colors of traffic control signs. The Pantone specifications are not for use in sign fabrication. NOTE: There are no Pantones available for fluorescent alternatives of standard colors.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
23 hours ago, BigVic69 said:

I also do not drive with my brother in law who is color blind.

You are OK to drive with him riding ... just don't ride while he is driving.  :insertevillaughhere:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...