Jump to content
  • 0

No idea at all! What's the call?


Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 2453 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Question

Posted

Situation is runners on 1st and 2b.

BR  hits a ball to gap in right. 

R2 comes around scores standing up. 

Throw comes to the plate, and  R1 slides in safely. 

The ball goes to the back stop,  and as the player in the catcher position is accidentally tripped to the ground by R1 who's getting up from his slide. 

The Catcher was clear of the slide when he started running towards the ball,  couple steps into his pursuit,  R1 somehow tripped him up. 

The R1 was already safe...  so I had no idea what to call.   I get that sometimes contact happens and it's just part of playing baseball, but with this one..  the BR was now rounding 3rd base, so I called the ball "dead",  Ending the play...   after all, this was just a scrimmage,  but I'm not exactly sure how this call would have been viewed in tournament play when the entire world is at stake.   

   

Recommended Posts

  • 0
Posted
On 1/3/2020 at 10:18 AM, beerguy55 said:

He's not dead, he's resting.

illegally after sliding in safely at home?  

=)

  • Like 1
×
×
  • Create New...