Being stupid got me hurt

mark38090
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 1856 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Doing cal ripken majors tonight, catcher doesn't understand that catch is an important part of that word. I get pelted the first 2 innings and start to anticipate the catcher missing so i start ducking, flinching, turning out of the way etc etc... Anyways pitch up high and way inside I turn and got myself plunked in the ribs. Damn that hurt. Lesson learned, all the equipment is in front of me. 

2 hours ago, mark38090 said:

Doing cal ripken majors tonight, catcher doesn't understand that catch is an important part of that word. I get pelted the first 2 innings and start to anticipate the catcher missing so i start ducking, flinching, turning out of the way etc etc... Anyways pitch up high and way inside I turn and got myself plunked in the ribs. Damn that hurt. Lesson learned, all the equipment is in front of me. 

Man, you so stupid.

2 hours ago, mark38090 said:

Doing cal ripken majors tonight,

There’s your problem.

My professional opinion is, and it has been bolstered especially in the past 2 years, that organized, game-playing baseball, with umpires, is unnecessary under the age of 12.

And, the professional leagues do not need “Robo-Umpires”... little kid ball does.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, MadMax said:

There’s your problem.

My professional opinion is, and it has been bolstered especially in the past 2 years, that organized, game-playing baseball, with umpires, is unnecessary under the age of 12.

And, the professional leagues do not need “Robo-Umpires”... little kid ball does.

A couple of us were just talking this up the other day! I agree, they should start introducing and prototyping the robo-ump at 9U-11U (pre-middle school).. The kids, who are used to computers making gaming decisions via video games, would not only adapt to it quickly and easily, but also be less stressed about it at the plate than having some (in my case) 6 foot 3 giant black-outfitted grown-up, who is getting yelled at by all the daddy-ball coaches and half-drunk moms, standing there judging him/her for every pitch. 

They would also find all the "back-door cheats" in the system faster than even a pro player!. For instance can you lob a Giant EUPHESS pitch in that crosses the 3-D plate of the computer and calls a strike going practically north-south? well, an 11 year old would find out very quickly!

Can you create a new "scrunched up" stance that tricks the computer into giving you a six inch height for your strike zone ? A ten year old would be flexible and smart enough to experiment!

• Like 1