Jump to content
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 3365 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Recommended Posts

Posted

Reading the new rule, I'm not quite clear on the twice per game part. SPR can only happen once per inning and must use a player not batting in the lineup. SPR can only happen once per game for a player batting in the lineup. So then, I'm guessing one can only use a SPR twice per game, instead of 6 times. 

Personally, I think the coaches sending in the signals is a much larger time sucker. 

 

Posted
4 hours ago, Mister B said:

Reading the new rule, I'm not quite clear on the twice per game part. SPR can only happen once per inning and must use a player not batting in the lineup. SPR can only happen once per game for a player batting in the lineup. So then, I'm guessing one can only use a SPR twice per game, instead of 6 times. 

Personally, I think the coaches sending in the signals is a much larger time sucker. 

 

Why would you guess? It's clearly written.

Posted
8 hours ago, Mister B said:

Reading the new rule, I'm not quite clear on the twice per game part. SPR can only happen once per inning and must use a player not batting in the lineup. SPR can only happen once per game for a player batting in the lineup. So then, I'm guessing one can only use a SPR twice per game, instead of 6 times. 

Personally, I think the coaches sending in the signals is a much larger time sucker. 

 

correct.  Twice.

 

That was the question, correct?

  • Like 1
Posted

Well - the only twice per game is true - in the tournament.

In regular season it is still once per inning - unless the local league adopts the tournament rule (see 7.14).

Posted

I think that is where I wasn't groking it correctly. 7.14 says nothing about twice a game and 4.04 under tournament play, it doesn't specify "no more than twice a game." It just says "Twice a game..." 

Posted
52 minutes ago, Mister B said:

I think that is where I wasn't groking it correctly. 7.14 says nothing about twice a game and 4.04 under tournament play, it doesn't specify "no more than twice a game." It just says "Twice a game..." 

Well - three (or more) isn't twice so where's the issue?

Posted

My apologies Coach Ives.  As the OP was titled "LL Special Pinch runner".................and we are currently in "tournament play", I made the mistake of basing my answer on the current rule set in use. That also he was reading TOURNAMENT RULES.

Posted
58 minutes ago, Rich Ives said:

Well - three (or more) isn't twice so where's the issue?

Nor is once. So while the rules say you can use a SPR twice, they don't say that you can't use an SPR three times. I realize this is probably being a bit picky, but adding "No more than..." would get rid of the issue. 

Posted

Keep in mind that many leagues for Majors and below (heck even Jr's around here) bat CBO all season so there is no SPR until tournament time.

Posted
On 7/6/2017 at 4:35 PM, Mister B said:

Nor is once. So while the rules say you can use a SPR twice, they don't say that you can't use an SPR three times. I realize this is probably being a bit picky, but adding "No more than..." would get rid of the issue. 

There is no issue. You may use a SPR twice. May, not must. But three times is not twice.

Posted
On 7/6/2017 at 2:35 PM, Mister B said:

Nor is once. So while the rules say you can use a SPR twice, they don't say that you can't use an SPR three times. I realize this is probably being a bit picky, but adding "No more than..." would get rid of the issue. 

So, does this mean that if you only use a SPR once, or not at all, you get penalized at the end of the game for not doing it twice?

×
×
  • Create New...