Jump to content
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 3408 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Recommended Posts

Posted

Today I learned that when a batter swings, batters interference cannot happen.

I wish I was making this up,alas I am not. From a coach who has been involved in baseball for 30 years. He requested a tournament director, who told him that once games begin, the umpires are in charge. Coach said,"He doesn't know the rules." TD shook his head and walked away.

  • Like 1
Posted
24 minutes ago, Kevin_K said:

Today I learned that when a batter swings, batters interference cannot happen.

I wish I was making this up,alas I am not. From a coach who has been involved in baseball for 30 years. He requested a tournament director, who told him that once games begin, the umpires are in charge. Coach said,"He doesn't know the rules." TD shook his head and walked away.

Well, see... there you go.

Knowledge: It's the gift that keeps giving.

Posted

Had BI in a varsity game, no question, no argument.

Had more egregious BI in a JV game and got a ton of grief... batter 'I did not hit the catcher' since of course that is a requirement... Coach telling me that blocking the plate on a swing/steal is just 100% within the rules...

Love BI.

  • 2 weeks later...
Posted
On 5/27/2017 at 7:16 PM, Kevin_K said:

Today I learned that when a batter swings, batters interference cannot happen.

I wish I was making this up,alas I am not. From a coach who has been involved in baseball for 30 years. He requested a tournament director, who told him that once games begin, the umpires are in charge. Coach said,"He doesn't know the rules." TD shook his head and walked away.

What about the fact that Kevin actually got the one TD in the country that defers to the umpires! :HD:

  • Like 1
×
×
  • Create New...