Is Arbiter Pay secure?

USABL in NJ has decided that they are going to pay through ArbiterPay.  A couple of friends have raised questions about the security related to ArbiterPay. Is it a safe place to store your SSN and bank account info?

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's somewhere between your bank's website and that sheet of paper with your name, SSN, and DOB that you leave lying around a dugout to get paid. Arbiter had some security issues with passwords,

It's somewhere between your bank's website and that sheet of paper with your name, SSN, and DOB that you leave lying around a dugout to get paid.

Arbiter had some security issues with passwords, but they've taken steps to become more secure. Actually using the website is encrypted, so it's as secure as anything going over the interwebs.

• Like 2

Frankly, there's no way to know without a security audit. HTTPS means that you are at least a little protected from third parties getting the information directly, but we don't know anything about their internal security and how well they protect your information from their own employees and possible hackers.

I was given a great tip of opening a Capital One 360 account, which is free, and tying that to ArbiterPay.  Then transfer the money from Capital One to you normal banking account.  This way only the Capital One account can be compromised which will have nothing in it.  

There is nothing you can do about the SSN.  I like it better than a 16 year old kid with my address, SSN, DOB.

12 hours ago, maven said:

It's somewhere between your bank's website and that sheet of paper with your name, SSN, and DOB that you leave lying around a dugout to get paid.

Arbiter had some security issues with passwords, but they've taken steps to become more secure. Actually using the website is encrypted, so it's as secure as anything going over the interwebs.

As always, Maven hits it on the head.  This is what I reminded my friend about.

Thanks everyone.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Radie 88
      Does anyone use ArbiterMobile? What are your thoughts?
      I haven't been assigned anything yet so I don't know how well it handles all of that, but so far, I am pretty disappointed in the way it schedules your blocks... Very limited options, very difficult (or literally impossible) to set, change or delete multiple blocks. 
      I hope that once I get into using the other parts of the app that they aren't as cumbersome and restrictive.

FYI - I did a search and only came across some mentions of it in 2013, but that info is outdated and it really just broke down into a discussion about whether or not they should charge extra for it.

• By Thunderheads
      ............ 28 high school games for 2016 already from Arbiter, .... 25 of them Varsity .....
    • By Thunderheads
      Hey everyone ....

This season is the first HS season where I have more than one assignor.  My new assignor sent me a note just to make sure that I "share" my calendar and that both assignors can see my games.

First of all, this makes perfect sense so they don't double-book you.  Secondly though .... why shouldn't it automatically share the calendar?  But most important, ... where do I go on Arbiter to insure all can be seen??

Thanks ...
    • By JaxRolo
      Had a couple of 14U Travel ball games yesterday. Getting payed has never been a problem.
      At the plate meeting 1 coach pays my partner. The other coach says I'll get you blue.
      So I'm like ok no biggie.

Everything went well. No issues.
      After the game he decides he's going to have his team meeting and coach some of his players and talk to his coaches. I get his attention that I want to leave, I need my money.
      He tells me that he is busy and I have to wait. I tell him I do not have to wait.
      Finally he decides he's going to pay.  But first want to chew my ass that I was being rude, bla bla bla. I tell him he has to pay before the games start. He said that's not the way it works.
      Well I know I will have his games again. I will stand there and not start the game till I have money in hand!

Why are coaches such idiots!!!