NCAA March Madness Pool

Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 5457 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I missed three in the first half of the first round. Perfect in the afternoon, three wrong on the evening games. My third was no big deal, I had them going out the next round anyway. W. Kentucky out against Zaga.

I do have a question about Gonzaga. Is it a team rule that they have a token bad haircut every year?

Dragon, no love for the Vikes? The two-time defending Big Sky champs? The local CBS channel is carrying the game live in it's entirety in about a 1/2 hour. Round Ball fever in Portland! Oh look I just made it to 50 posts, Karma.

Edited by widac

widac,

Nothing against unprovoked and violent marauders from northern Europe, but I don't think the X-Men are going to have much trouble with them - unless, of course, the referees allow them to use their battle-axes.

Oh yeah - I'm Brian (& so is my wife!)

• 2 weeks later...

Tonight's the big night and guess what... I think UNC is going to man-handle Michigan State. There was some guy on the radio this weekend saying that Michigan State is going to have 70,000 screaming fans making it their biggest home game ever, and that will make the difference for Izzo's squad to win. I know it will be loud, but if UNC can pull off a win in Cameron (Duke's home) they can win anywhere.

I've been to one game in Cameron. It was Duke v. NC State so the outcome was decided well before the tip-off and why I could get tickets. Cameron is by far and away the loudest stadium gym you cam imagine. It is tiny too. Those 9000 fans can make as much noise and 70000 in that small place. My ears were ringing for 2 days after the game, and it was only NC State. I cannot imagine how loud it gets for UNC. No mater how much noise the Michigan State fans make it will be too dispersed in Ford Field.

UNC wins by 12 or more.

Well my game tonight got cancelled which is not a big deal to me, because it was a youth rec game and this means I'll be able to be comfortably placed in front of the TV to watch the game from the opening tip-off.

BTW I've thought some of the commercials they have been running this year have been better than the Superbowl ones. One of my favorites is the one where the Champaign, IL police officer pulls over the car from NC with 'Heels stickers on it for going 36 in a 35.:home:

• 1 month later...