Good News from a Member .......

Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 2865 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

That's awesome. Matt and I would converse via PM's last year when I was at TUS and he was at Harrys. He started reading my blog and sent me a message. We would send messages periodically discussing updates and differences between the schools. I know he was close last year, but didn't quite make it. Good for him for going again and making it to the eval course. I couldn't be happier for him.

• Like 2

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Matt opened as the BU in Lexington County, South Carolina on June 23 as the BU. Team is named Blowfish after Hootie and the Blowfish.

Matt moved over to Forest City, North Carolina the next night and also worked as the BU.

The crew moved to Holly Springs, North Carolina last night for Matt's opening Plate job.

It was a 2:32 gem with the home team Holly Springs defeating Martinsville, Virginia, 5-4.

There were 4 errors by Martinsville. There were 4 doubles. Sacrifice bunt. Sacrifice Fly. Was it close at the plate??????

Pitchers k'od  12 batters--10 for Holly Springs pitchers, 2 for Martinsville. 9 walks in the game.

Here's hoping he gets that call up before the end of the year to the Gulf Coast or Arizona Rookie League, just like Nic Lentz did back when he was in the CPL in 2008.

Good luck to Matt.