Jump to content
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 4140 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Recommended Posts

Posted

My intention here is not to open a discussion on how to clean umpire shoes.  I am sure there are probably hundreds of threads covering the "correct" way.

However, I have the 950s with the white soles and they are starting to get stained after about 40 games.  What have you guys used to get that sparkly white back.  I've considered arm and hammer toothpaste, but havent tried it.  I really enjoy these shoes and scrubbing bubbles and a tooth brush is not cutting it any more.

Posted

Magic Eraser works just fine for me

Wipe them down first and then take the Magic Eraser to them and wipe again....they will look like new again

Posted

use a mild cleaner of any sort and it'll work.   You can use a quick shot of Scrubbing Bubbles on your shoes (not all the time) to remove dirt from white.  You can use Fantastic, or you can use a cap full of Murphy's Oil soap in spray bottle of water.   A "shoe clean" search will give you a ton of options :)

Posted

Scrubbing bubbles .. spray a very tiny amount on and rub it all around the white parts .. then take a wash cloth and remove the excess cleaner.  They will be sparkly clean

Posted

Magic Eraser works well too, but do it outside because those things turn into a mess (they basically disintegrate).  You'll go through a lot of them if that is the sole method you use.  I use one about once a month to really get them clean, and then use scrubbing bubbles in between magic eraser uses.

 

  • Like 1
Posted

I have always used dish washing detergent and a nylon scrub brush.  I have a pair of mb1000bk's for 4 years and they look brand new.

Posted

If you want to clean them at home try saddle soap.

Before a game I just use hand soap and a scrub brush.

If they start to stain I use saddle soap on them at home and that works.

Scrubbing bubbles is too harsh. It will take off black areas on your shoes.

  • Like 1
Posted

L.A. Awesome!  

General Dollar store...best $4.00 you'll ever spend.

×
×
  • Create New...