Jump to content
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 4181 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Recommended Posts

Posted

It looks like he had a great angle to see a pulled foot, albeit, a little further out than I think he should be.  Not the angle I would have had on a ball hit to F6 but, where he was (on step off the foul line) gave him a good look at the inside part of the bag.  

Posted

Obviously there was another angle in NY for this ..........

 

http://m.mlb.com/video/topic/63817564/v80465983

Not necessarily. I didn't see anything in any of those angles that was enough to overturn.

  • Like 1
Posted

 

Not necessarily. I didn't see anything in any of those angles that was enough to overturn.

 

 

Agree. There wasn't a good, conclusive view that the foot was not off the bag. This is a "call stands" versus "confirmed".

Posted

:no:  Boy, I'd love to get to the point in my umpiring career when I don't have to concern myself with little things like positioning, getting myself set and mechanics.  You know... the fundamentals.

  • Like 1
Posted

:no:  Boy, I'd love to get to the point in my umpiring career when I don't have to concern myself with little things like positioning, getting myself set and mechanics.  You know... the fundamentals.

Once you're good enough to not need the fundamentals, you can ditch them.

Posted

 

:no:  Boy, I'd love to get to the point in my umpiring career when I don't have to concern myself with little things like positioning, getting myself set and mechanics.  You know... the fundamentals.

Once you're good enough to not need the fundamentals, you can ditch them.

 

 

I can't tell if you're serious or sarcastic, so I'll play it straight and apologize in advance if I'm mis-reading anything.

 

You're never so good that you no longer need fundamentals.  The reason superstars are so good is because they execute the fundamental skills consistently and very well.  Every coach at every level does (or should) preach it.  Why else does anyone warm up, take batting practice, participate in pre-season training, work out, etc.?  It's to constantly work the basic skills of their game.  When you abandon them is when your game starts going south.  Show me someone who is great at whatever they do who doesn't soundly and consistently execute the fundamentals of that activity.

Posted

 

 

:no:  Boy, I'd love to get to the point in my umpiring career when I don't have to concern myself with little things like positioning, getting myself set and mechanics.  You know... the fundamentals.

Once you're good enough to not need the fundamentals, you can ditch them.

 

 

I can't tell if you're serious or sarcastic, so I'll play it straight and apologize in advance if I'm mis-reading anything.

 

I think the first two things in his comment..." :no:" and "Boy"  told you he was being sarcastic.  Just my  :2cents:

Posted

 

 

 

:no:  Boy, I'd love to get to the point in my umpiring career when I don't have to concern myself with little things like positioning, getting myself set and mechanics.  You know... the fundamentals.

Once you're good enough to not need the fundamentals, you can ditch them.

 

 

I can't tell if you're serious or sarcastic, so I'll play it straight and apologize in advance if I'm mis-reading anything.

 

I think the first two things in his comment..." :no:" and "Boy"  told you he was being sarcastic.  Just my  :2cents:

 

 

That was me who wrote that.  His response followed, which confused me.

  • Like 1
×
×
  • Create New...