Jump to content
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 1320 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Recommended Posts

  • 3 years later...
Posted

So due to the abundance of time I have been given during this pandemic, I began a project to update some of my shoes using leather luster. Creation results were positive I hope durability results on the blacked out Zigs is positive when prayed for testing occurs during Iowa Summer High School Baseball Season. Thoughts?IMG_8710.thumb.jpg.9e77b1a841723929a1849b851aae7bac.jpgIMG_8730.thumb.jpg.58496935998a4cec6bd5eaf549c41f0b.jpg

  • Like 1
Posted
18 hours ago, JoHart10 said:

So due to the abundance of time I have been given during this pandemic, I began a project to update some of my shoes using leather luster. Creation results were positive I hope durability results on the blacked out Zigs is positive when prayed for testing occurs during Iowa Summer High School Baseball Season. Thoughts?IMG_8710.thumb.jpg.9e77b1a841723929a1849b851aae7bac.jpgIMG_8730.thumb.jpg.58496935998a4cec6bd5eaf549c41f0b.jpg

I've always wanted to do what you did to those black/white Zig plates (first photo) ... black out the white except for the sole .... that looks SOOO GOOD!!   Too bad, you can't find those anywhere, anymore! :no:   I don't see the "Reebok" script on the 'met' plate in that first photo either?

Posted

I may have to try it on this pair of Reebok's I scooped up off eBay last night.  I may just black it all out.

s-l1600.jpg

  • Like 1
Posted

If you are going to do some blacking out I would suggest buying some decoart patent leather shoe paint. Putting a couple coats of it on the white areas before moving to the leather luster. I think it worked pretty well and looked like I hoped it would. 

  • Like 1
Posted
1 hour ago, JoHart10 said:

If you are going to do some blacking out I would suggest buying some decoart patent leather shoe paint. Putting a couple coats of it on the white areas before moving to the leather luster. I think it worked pretty well and looked like I hoped it would. 

if you don't want to black it all out, do you have to tape it off then?  I noticed you taped off your white soles.

Posted

Yeah. Got to take off parts you want to stay white. Some use painters tape but I duct(white) to stick to the soles better. 

  • Thanks 1
  • 1 month later...
Posted

Early in my 27 year military career (and counting!) I tried it on my boots.  It was an absolute disaster.  After one day or a few applications it began flaking and peeling horribly.  After that I did nothing but good ol' fashioned spit shine until we switched to suede boots and patent leather for our dress uniforms.

 

  • 2 years later...
Posted
On 4/15/2020 at 2:50 PM, JoHart10 said:

So due to the abundance of time I have been given during this pandemic, I began a project to update some of my shoes using leather luster. Creation results were positive I hope durability results on the blacked out Zigs is positive when prayed for testing occurs during Iowa Summer High School Baseball Season. Thoughts?IMG_8710.thumb.jpg.9e77b1a841723929a1849b851aae7bac.jpgIMG_8730.thumb.jpg.58496935998a4cec6bd5eaf549c41f0b.jpg

How has your Leather Luster experience held up so far?  I hear people get 5+ years of out it.

Thanks!

Posted
On 6/15/2020 at 8:24 AM, mac266 said:

Early in my 27 year military career (and counting!) I tried it on my boots.  It was an absolute disaster.  After one day or a few applications it began flaking and peeling horribly.  After that I did nothing but good ol' fashioned spit shine until we switched to suede boots and patent leather for our dress uniforms.

 

Since @wolfe_man resurrected this thread, I'll say that @mac266's experience with LL matches mine. And I learned the same exact lesson as he.

×
×
  • Create New...