Nutty Buddy Rocks!!!

JaxRolo
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 3330 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

I bought a Nutty Buddy over the winter and wore it this weekend in a tournement. I was hoping to test my Wilson memory foam pads today and I wound up getting the Nutty Buddy tested. Second game on the dish about half way through the game, F2 sets up outside and the pitch comes inside corner, F2 was late moving over and I take a dead on square hit right on the boyz.. I felt the hit and heard a typical CP loud thump, it rocks me back about 3 steps and I hit a knee. Lots of loud gasps from the fans. F2 bends over and starts apologizing for not catching the ball, then he asks me what am I wearing. He said he heard the thump and the ball bounced back out in front of home plate about 4'. I told him it was the Nutty Buddy and he should get one.

You should have given him a Joe West flex and said "I ain't wearin' nuthin'. We umps have ba!!s of steel".

Unfortunately it did hurt some. The ball never hit the ground or my thigh, just straight to the boyz! I had one of those "wait a minute, I'm ok" moments.

Why is it so marked up and the ink smudged???  Methinks there's something up with that.

The guy was probably so proud of it, he wore it on the outside of his pants!

Could be he's older and putting scars on it like the NHL goalies used to do where they were hit on their masks.

If I recall, the victim said he didn't wish to talk about his injuries.

To me, that means that thing split open, caught his "business" in it, and closed back up.

Now that you're all firmly clinched to your seats, Happy Monday.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo

I think I'm gonna have to look into getting one of these Nutty Buddy things I hear a lot about.

you'll hear a lot of people say it's not comfortable, but like most things,.... EVERYTHING isn't  for everyone.  I have one, and love it .... very comfortable

I think I'm gonna have to look into getting one of these Nutty Buddy things I hear a lot about.

you'll hear a lot of people say it's not comfortable, but like most things,.... EVERYTHING isn't  for everyone.  I have one, and love it .... very comfortable

Very comfortable. I don't even know I have it on.

I've driven home with one on because I forgot I had it on.

At what point did you realize you had it on? When you get home to Mrs Rolo pointing it out?

At what point did you realize you had it on? When you get home to Mrs Rolo pointing it out?

When I stopped at the store down the road to go pee!

I've driven home with mine on because I wanted to!  I'm wearing mine right now, as a matter fact, just sitting at my desk at work.  DO NOT JUDGE ME!!

• Like 3

Anybody seen Project X movie? I bet wearing a NB would have given some protection to those victimized by the "angry little man".

Maybe @JaxRolo and @ElkOil have one of those (or an angry little woman) in their lives and need that extra protection.

Just sayin'

• Like 1