Jump to content
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 4502 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Recommended Posts

Posted

Has anyone sent their Douglas in for re-conditioning? Were you happy with results? Worth the money?

Posted

Don't want to know what happened 3 years ago. Looking for recent reconditionings.

Posted
Definitely worth it. Had my WV by Douglas reconditioned in October
what exactly did they do?
Posted

They have mine right now. I'm having them recondition it with t-hooks and additional shoulder caps. I'll have it back in about 2 weeks. Will post pics.

  • Like 1
Posted

They have mine right now. I'm having them recondition it with t-hooks and additional shoulder caps. I'll have it back in about 2 weeks. Will post pics.

@bam now I confirm that there is not many games in Eastern CT :fuel::wow::wave:

Posted

They have mine right now. I'm having them recondition it with t-hooks and additional shoulder caps. I'll have it back in about 2 weeks. Will post pics.

@bam now I confirm that there is not many games in Eastern CT :fuel::wow::wave:

Yeah, we've passed the half-way mark this week.

I'm comfortable with my platinum for the rest of the season. I'm hoping the reconditioned Douglas will be a better summer option.

Posted

I had mine done this year - all buckles replaced, pads cleaned, and gap protection added. It needed it and I think it was worth it. I also had my shin guards done and thought that was better value for the money. Sent using Tapatalk

  • Like 2
Posted

they clean and disinfect the padding really good.  replace the straps/harness and any tears, etc, etc...

 

let me try to find an email from Jeff where he says what they do

Posted

Rolando, ...

here is an exerpt from one of my numerous email conversations w/ Jeff Cook ....this is what a refurbish does ....

 

New straps t-hooks, cleaned, sanitizes, repair cushion as needed, new rivets as needed, new Velcro. It gets taken completely apart, cleaned, repaired anything that’s not right, and re-assembled.

  • Like 1
Posted

If Rolo search first we would not have double threads. :fuel:

Would have been to much trouble to Google Translate everything to Spanish first!

 

Rolando, ...

here is an exerpt from one of my numerous email conversations w/ Jeff Cook ....this is what a refurbish does ....

 

New straps t-hooks, cleaned, sanitizes, repair cushion as needed, new rivets as needed, new Velcro. It gets taken completely apart, cleaned, repaired anything that’s not right, and re-assembled.

 

Cool. Mine is in the box and ready to go.

Posted

 

If Rolo search first we would not have double threads. :fuel:

Would have been to much trouble to Google Translate everything to Spanish first!

 

Rolando, ...

here is an exerpt from one of my numerous email conversations w/ Jeff Cook ....this is what a refurbish does ....

 

New straps t-hooks, cleaned, sanitizes, repair cushion as needed, new rivets as needed, new Velcro. It gets taken completely apart, cleaned, repaired anything that’s not right, and re-assembled.

 

Cool. Mine is in the box and ready to go.

 

great!

have him do the "ThunderCap" instead of that huge gray epaulet

Posted

$45+shipping and the fine folks at Douglas will wipe down my shinnys with white vinegar?! I guess I can't blame them; I already proved I'm a sucker by buying them for $230.

Maybe for another hundo I can get black pads in place of the stupid navy ones...

  • Like 1
Posted

Just got a call from Jeff @ Douglas - they're shipping the CP I sent in for reconditioning out today. 

 

He quoted me $100 when I originally contacted him, but the final price tag was $215. Not extremely happy with that - I could have bought one brand new for $270 or so.   I bought this one used for $50. 

 

He did say that the pads on the original were in good shape and that they're sending those back to, so I can switch them out if necessary. 

 

Will post pics when I get it next week. 

Posted

$215 to recondition a Douglas? Isn't a new one something like $160 or so?

×
×
  • Create New...