Jump to content
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 4577 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Recommended Posts

Posted

Good afternoon, who who know all, see all, and hopefully do not smell all:

 

I am in need of information two products.

 

1. Where can I purchase a shirt that has a side pocket/opening for those cool packs ro go in under your protector? Is this an MLB mahestic shirt item, or do others sell it?

 

2. Last night I made the mistake of looking on ebay for umpire items, and I saw this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mizuno-JAPAN-Umpire-Gear-Brush-Wide-Baseball-Softball-2ZA210-/321294574585?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4acea623f9. It is a Japanese wide plate brush.

 

My plate brushes are over 20 years old now, and starting to die. This thing looks like it would be great for my large ball bags or my plate coat pockets. Has anyone used one of these? Does anyone know where I can get one cheaper than $39.95?

 

Thank you for your help!

 

 

 

 
 
 

 

 

Posted

The Japanese plate brushes are pretty cool but really aren't any better than any other brush on the market. You can get them for less but you've gotta know someone across the pond who can buy it for you and ship it to you. Otherwise you are at the mercy of the Japanese retail mark ups.

Posted

 

Good afternoon, who who know all, see all, and hopefully do not smell all:

 

I am in need of information two products.

 

1. Where can I purchase a shirt that has a side pocket/opening for those cool packs ro go in under your protector? Is this an MLB mahestic shirt item, or do others sell it?

 

2. Last night I made the mistake of looking on ebay for umpire items, and I saw this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mizuno-JAPAN-Umpire-Gear-Brush-Wide-Baseball-Softball-2ZA210-/321294574585?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4acea623f9. It is a Japanese wide plate brush.

 

My plate brushes are over 20 years old now, and starting to die. This thing looks like it would be great for my large ball bags or my plate coat pockets. Has anyone used one of these? Does anyone know where I can get one cheaper than $39.95?

 

Thank you for your help!

 

 

 

 
 
 

 

 

Could probably get one at your local paint and wallpaper supply house.

Posted

Thanks men,

 

I thought Evans has run out of the brushes and did not restock them. Rich, I can't stand the wood handled brushes, they are way too big and hard for me to handle when they get in my ball bags. 

 

Any help on the shirt?

 

Thanks

Posted

I put my plate brush in my right rear pants pocket (which doesn't have the button) and it works fantastic.   It doesn't clutter up the bag with balls in it.   Just a thought.

Posted
I put my plate brush in my right rear pants pocket (which doesn't have the button) and it works fantastic. It doesn't clutter up the bag with balls in it. Just a thought.
Clutter??? I have my brush, clicker?, 6 baseballs, water bottle, and a book to read between innings. And could still fit a sandwich if I needed to.
  • Like 4
Posted

Thanks men,

 

I thought Evans has run out of the brushes and did not restock them. Rich, I can't stand the wood handled brushes, they are way too big and hard for me to handle when they get in my ball bags. 

 

Any help on the shirt?

 

Thanks

I am unaware of anyone selling a shirt designed for the pads...especially with the company no longer in business. You could probably take a shirt or two to a tailor and get them to put a zipper in on the side. I use the pads, but I never change mid-game. Just wear one the entire game. I do have a little problem  with pad slippage under my unequal...worked better under my Douglas. I need to figure out some type of velcro solution that will hold it in place before it gets too hot.

Posted

I put my plate brush in my right rear pants pocket (which doesn't have the button) and it works fantastic. It doesn't clutter up the bag with balls in it. Just a thought.

Clutter???

I have my brush, clicker?, 6 baseballs, water bottle, and a book to read between innings. And could still fit a sandwich if I needed to. Pssh, I can do better. Can get my iPod, two spare indicators, an extra hat, and a can of bug spray in mine if I'm thoughtful. :lol:

×
×
  • Create New...