Jump to content
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 4700 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Recommended Posts

Posted

Before anyone gets upset, I did do a search and my question never came up.

I was thinking of sending my Reebok Zig plate shoes (low top/all black) to Leather Luster to have them do my shoes. I was wondering if I should have them do the whole shoe ($75 for the pair) or just the heal and toe ($50 for the pair)?

Thanks.

  • Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted

Before anyone gets upset, I did do a search and my question never came up.

I was thinking of sending my Reebok Zig plate shoes (low top/all black) to Leather Luster to have them do my shoes. I was wondering if I should have them do the whole shoe ($75 for the pair) or just the heal and toe ($50 for the pair)?

Thanks.

If it's  all black do the whole thing.

.

Posted

Thats what I was thinking too, but was hoping to save a little money in the process.

Have you had yours ever done? How do they look? How long was the turn around?

Posted

Absolutely worth it. Look amazing under the lights, easy to clean, stays polished for years. Would recommend the entire shoe for the most professional look. I'll post pictures later.

Posted

I had a fellow umpire do it, so can't speak to the turnaround time, just the product.

Posted

Start with a old crappy pair....

 

But being in the Military... be careful as your going to wear these all the time.. they can lead to cracking. But like Alex said.. when done boy they shine like something else..

 

Our shoes we did in the Military we just did our Inspection Boots, so we didnt run or wear them all over the place.

Posted

Pay the 75, tax write off, look awesome, and you won't need plate shoes til 2016. =)

Posted

Start with a old crappy pair....

 

But being in the Military... be careful as your going to wear these all the time.. they can lead to cracking. But like Alex said.. when done boy they shine like something else..

 

Our shoes we did in the Military we just did our Inspection Boots, so we didnt run or wear them all over the place.

Spit shine, brother. Some good old kiwi, an old t shirt and spit. Shazzaam

Posted

I haven't done Leather Luster in a long time.......but it was the thing years ago....and unlike some, I remember it being quite the PITA and not really durable.....fine for display/inspection   ..nowadays, Ill just stick to the current methods.....

Posted

Start with a old crappy pair....

 

But being in the Military... be careful as your going to wear these all the time.. they can lead to cracking. But like Alex said.. when done boy they shine like something else..

 

Our shoes we did in the Military we just did our Inspection Boots, so we didnt run or wear them all over the place.

Spit shine, brother. Some good old kiwi, an old t shirt and spit. Shazzaam

Ive never actually done this and do not know how. I guess I could probably use this internet thingy and look it up to see how easy it is.

how long does the spit shine last?

Posted

 

 

Start with a old crappy pair....

 

But being in the Military... be careful as your going to wear these all the time.. they can lead to cracking. But like Alex said.. when done boy they shine like something else..

 

Our shoes we did in the Military we just did our Inspection Boots, so we didnt run or wear them all over the place.

Spit shine, brother. Some good old kiwi, an old t shirt and spit. Shazzaam

Ive never actually done this and do not know how. I guess I could probably use this internet thingy and look it up to see how easy it is.

how long does the spit shine last?

 

Was meant more for the guys who had been in the military. A spit shine lasts a day or so. Was very popular in the days before leather luster.


×
×
  • Create New...