Jump to content
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 4497 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Recommended Posts

Posted

I don't care what you wear, but a fitted cap looks more professional. They only cost about $12, so cost should not be an issue.

Posted

The only thing about the fitted hat is unless you have somewhere you can physically go and buy it, cause that is something hard to buy online being that not 1 hat is made the same, you could buy 20 hats of the same brand exact same hat and out of them 20 you might get 5 that fits how you want it to.. Trust me I know

Posted

I'm not saying I wear the snap back, I wear a black fitted new era. I was just saying it's hard to buy that stuff online unless you get the flex hat and IMO I don't like the way they look

Posted

Yea, I know I can go to lids in the mall and try on hats and 7 1/8 will fit and I can turn around and grab another team in 7 1/8 and it be to small it is because each hat is hand made and no 2 set of hands are exactly the same

Posted

I ordered 4 hats at one time. 3/4 fit great, the 4th is too big even after placing in over to shrink it. Of course it's the one that needs to be the tightest as it is my black 6 stitch I use 99.8% of the time on the stick. I wear my mask very loose and it drives me crazy when I have to constantly adjust my mask and hat. I just wish they could build with better consistency.

Posted

What's not professional about adjustable hats. Pros wear them.

Posted

What's not professional about adjustable hats. Pros wear them.

<br />ONE guy does ........and it certainly DOESN'T make it "ok" ....does it?if Angel does it it must right! He Rocks!
  • Like 1
Posted

Guys, what are we arguing about? Clearly, the "hat" is brimless! He may as well be wearing a hairnet!

 

And sleeve number 08? If I had an umpire in my association, or working alongside me in a tournament, with a digit arrangement that starts with "0", I'd laugh him out the door. The only sporting system where that should be tolerated is auto-racing.

 

This advertising photo is disturbing me. It's conjuring up a memory of a... "umpire" who I ran across in a tournament. He was one of those MMA Flyweight -style guys, the small, wiry, terrier -type guys you don't mess with. He had on a HSM that he would prop up on his head like a welder's mask or a fencing mask, a long-sleeve Navy shirt, a size smaller than usual for use for plate gear, bunched up to the elbows, and had on a pair of what were probably motorcycle racing gloves (but they may have been softball gloves). I _think_ his plate pants were charcoal grey Carhartt's, or they may have been Dickies – I don't remember, because while I was about to summon my inner @Jocko and say something, he turned to retrieve a baseball, propped up that HSM on his head, and gave the bunch of us fans and umpires (we were between games) that look that reads, "You better forget my face, because I certainly won't forget _yours_."

Posted

 

 

What's not professional about adjustable hats. Pros wear them.

<br />ONE guy does ........and it certainly DOESN'T make it "ok" ....does it? if Angel does it it must right! He Rocks!

 

You said that because Angel is Cuban like you :wave:

×
×
  • Create New...