Jump to content
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 4811 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Recommended Posts

Posted

Finally got my brand new NB's. Just put the initial polish on them. Still a little more work to go for the mirror shine. Very comfortable shoes. Can't wait to try them out! post-2741-0-90364500-1373955769_thumb.jp

Posted

As nice as the initial polish is, the initial dirt polish is 10x better! ;)

I'm sure! Glad I took the picture now.

Posted

 

As nice as the initial polish is, the initial dirt polish is 10x better! ;)

I'm sure! Glad I took the picture now.

 

Stop by a tack/feed store (horse stuff) get a couple curry brushes. Great for shoes.

Posted

I have not polished mine, nor needed to. They retain their shine and as I usually don't umpire anywhere where it might be muddy, I can basically just spray them off afterwards, with a scrubbing every once in a while. Heel and sole dressing is recommended. Had the plate rip from the shoe and NB is replacing these for me. I couldn't be happier with a company. They have been first class through the whole return process.

Posted

If you guys are looking for a "quick fix" (and something other than Scrubbing Bubbles) try using Armor All!

Will it dry out the leather? I love the shoes and company.

Posted

 

If you guys are looking for a "quick fix" (and something other than Scrubbing Bubbles) try using Armor All!

Will it dry out the leather? I love the shoes and company.

 

People use it on their cars. I have a lotion called "Moneysworth" which I bought, it's a moisturizer leather. I use it on my off days to condition the leather and to add some moisture to them. 

Posted

If you guys are looking for a "quick fix" (and something other than Scrubbing Bubbles) try using Armor All!

Armour All attracts dirt.

  • Like 1
Posted

I have not polished mine, nor needed to. They retain their shine and as I usually don't umpire anywhere where it might be muddy, I can basically just spray them off afterwards, with a scrubbing every once in a while. Heel and sole dressing is recommended. Had the plate rip from the shoe and NB is replacing these for me. I couldn't be happier with a company. They have been first class through the whole return process.

 

How can that be??? Never rains in your area?

Posted

 

If you guys are looking for a "quick fix" (and something other than Scrubbing Bubbles) try using Armor All!

Will it dry out the leather? I love the shoes and company.

 

There is an armor all for leather and one for vinyl.  Buy the right one if your going to use it.

  • Like 1
Posted

I use to use Scrubbing Bubbles each time I cleaned the shoes, but have changed my routine. Scrubbing bubbles never damaged my shoes, it just was wearing on me buying the Costco pack of Scrubbing Bubbles once a month. 

 

Now I use Murphy's Oil Soap for routine cleaning and save the scrubbing bubbles for mid level cleaning where it will pull the dirt out of the seams and such. 

  • Like 1
Posted

I always use dish washing liquid detergent. And pick the small pebbles out of the bottom of the shoes. Drives me crazy.

  • 3 weeks later...
×
×
  • Create New...