Jump to content
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 4886 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Recommended Posts

Posted

I do a lot of travel ball games at a complex. Which means I am doing 3, 4, 5 games a day on most weekends. I need some new shirts that will hold up and not fade. Suggestions? 

Posted

and dont use bleach in your wash.........with proper care, todays shirts shouldnt fade that easy........dont keep them hanging in your car exposed to the hot sun either....... best of luck

Posted

and dont use bleach in your wash.........with proper care, todays shirts shouldnt fade that easy........dont keep them hanging in your car exposed to the hot sun either....... best of luck

 

 

 But cold sun is okay...... :smachhead:

Posted

Anything except Honig's.  Bought my first new shirt from them in several years back in March.  Only wore it for a handful a games due to the SH*#ty weather this spring (wearing jackets most of the time).  First of all, it has a terrible, chemical like odor in the collar area.  And no, this isn't a body odor situation.  I noticed this after I had worn it for exactly one game on a mild day temp wise.  Washed it several times since then to  try to get the odor out, to no avail.  Also, after exactly two wash cycles, the top button came off and is lost.  Thankfully you never button the top button, so it doesn't really matter.  The folded over collar hides the fact that there's no button there.  The front of the shirt has also started to pill already.

 

In short, I don't care fore the Honig's shirts.

Posted

Anything except Honig's.  Bought my first new shirt from them in several years back in March.  Only wore it for a handful a games due to the SH*#ty weather this spring (wearing jackets most of the time).  First of all, it has a terrible, chemical like odor in the collar area.  And no, this isn't a body odor situation.  I noticed this after I had worn it for exactly one game on a mild day temp wise.  Washed it several times since then to  try to get the odor out, to no avail.  Also, after exactly two wash cycles, the top button came off and is lost.  Thankfully you never button the top button, so it doesn't really matter.  The folded over collar hides the fact that there's no button there.  The front of the shirt has also started to pill already.

 

In short, I don't care for the Honig's shirts

So far I like the  Honig's shirts the best. I bought them this spring. Maybe they improved them?

Posted

 

Anything except Honig's.  Bought my first new shirt from them in several years back in March.  Only wore it for a handful a games due to the SH*#ty weather this spring (wearing jackets most of the time).  First of all, it has a terrible, chemical like odor in the collar area.  And no, this isn't a body odor situation.  I noticed this after I had worn it for exactly one game on a mild day temp wise.  Washed it several times since then to  try to get the odor out, to no avail.  Also, after exactly two wash cycles, the top button came off and is lost.  Thankfully you never button the top button, so it doesn't really matter.  The folded over collar hides the fact that there's no button there.  The front of the shirt has also started to pill already.

 

In short, I don't care for the Honig's shirts

So far I like the  Honig's shirts the best. I bought them this spring. Maybe they improved them?

 

The shirt I'm talking about was ordered less than 2 months ago.

 

I agree that the feel and comfort of the shirt is excellent.

Posted

Officials choice are cheap, not good

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

You just haven't tried them recently. They MLB Style shirts are as good as any other shirt I use. Even Better.

 

Yes their customer service sucks! But I dont mind paying $10 for a decent shirt.

Posted

 

Officials choice are cheap, not good

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

You just haven't tried them recently. They MLB Style shirts are as good as any other shirt I use. Even Better.

 

Yes their customer service sucks! But I dont mind paying $10 for a decent shirt.

 

I had use Officials Choice for 7 seasons now with no problem of color fading whatsoever.  But as Rolo said wait until they put the shirts for $10.

Posted

I like my Smitty shirts. So far they have held up well, keep their shape, and if you hang them up right out of the dryer you don't need to iron them. I can stretch it over my Platnium cp and wear it the next game on the bases without it stretching out of shape.

  • Like 2
×
×
  • Create New...