Jump to content
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 5471 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Recommended Posts

Posted

All, ..

Is Dan Iassogna wearing one of those Mizuno masks that don't have the throat guard? I think Eric Cooper, and Alphonso Marquez also rock this rig. It's got a piece above the frame, and the ear flaps are open (no bars between ala Wilson or Nike, etc) ....

Is that what I'm seeing??

And before anyone thinks of being a smarta$$ .....no, ...I'm not wondering where to buy one because I must have it, ...I've just noticed a few guys wearing this lately, ...so it's simply an equipment curiosity question....a ECQ, if you will :)

  • Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Posted

This is the one that dan wears

Thanks Fittske, ... I do see the difference .........yes, this is Cooper's and Marquez` mask as well, I believe....

Posted

Is that what I'm seeing??

And before anyone thinks of being a smarta$ .....no, ...I'm not wondering where to buy one because I must have it, ...I've just noticed a few guys wearing this lately, ...so it's simply an equipment curiosity question....a ECQ, if you will :)

Sorry Jeff to late!!! We all know you are a Smar....! :rolleyes: Just Kidding buddy! But are you sure you must not have it? :question1:

Posted

Is that what I'm seeing??

And before anyone thinks of being a smarta$ .....no, ...I'm not wondering where to buy one because I must have it, ...I've just noticed a few guys wearing this lately, ...so it's simply an equipment curiosity question....a ECQ, if you will :)

Sorry Jeff to late!!! We all know you are a Smar....! :rolleyes: Just Kidding buddy! But are you sure you must not have it? :question1:

Oh no, for sure I'm a smarta$$ .......and , I'm sure I don't need it .....I"m good w/ the masks.....FOR NOW!!! (insert evil laugh!!!!):P

Posted

You know, ...more on this mask.....

It does kind of make sense when you think about it ........the standardized throat guard on a mask really isn't the best ....a mask without, then adding an extension does have it's validity .....

Posted

Dan wears a Mizuno 2QA-122 mask. This mask replaced the 2QA-121 3-4 ago. I wear the 121 as well as Marquez and several other pro's. I bought a 122 2 years ago and sold it on Ebay. I do not like the design of the 122. The 121 is a MUCH better mask.

On a side note I am a little disappointed that nobody on this board ever asks " what mask does Chris Hickman wear?"

Posted

Dan wears a Mizuno 2QA-122 mask. This mask replaced the 2QA-121 3-4 ago. I wear the 121 as well as Marquez and several other pro's. I bought a 122 2 years ago and sold it on Ebay. I do not like the design of the 122. The 121 is a MUCH better mask.

To fuel the gear junkies Chris, ...what is the generic difference between the 121 and 122?

On a side note I am a little disappointed that nobody on this board ever asks " what mask does Chris Hickman wear?"

Do we ever see you to comment Chris?? ;)

Posted

I you are interested in the Mizuno masks PM me I know somebody who can get them. I don't know the price as I'm not personally interested in them, but I know others are.

Posted

The 121 has thinner bars, the ears stick out more and the area where you grip the mask is more user-friendly. The 122 bar placements are weird. When you take off the 122 mask with your left hand it is hard to drip. You would have to place the 2 side by side to see what I am referring to.

Posted

The 121 has thinner bars, the ears stick out more and the area where you grip the mask is more user-friendly. The 122 bar placements are weird. When you take off the 122 mask with your left hand it is hard to drip. You would have to place the 2 side by side to see what I am referring to.

Fair enough, ...thanks for that .......was Dreckman wearing the 122 last night also in Arizona??


×
×
  • Create New...