ArchAngel72
Established Member-
Posts
1,828 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
11
Everything posted by ArchAngel72
-
First game jitters...what to expect and how to prepare
ArchAngel72 replied to SCRookie's topic in Free For All
Don't expect anything. Be ready for anything On calls see it, was it a ball strike out safe?, "rewatch it in your head" (verify), make the call timing.. slow down and just make the right call.. btw welcome and try not to suck. 😃 -
I agree at the beginning of the season for the 8-9 yr olds but the ones that really honestly like the game and get into it, by the end of the season No I disagree. There are those typical kids that are tossed out there by parents to give the kids something to do but the kids themselves are not into it. Those kids I wish would be weeded out and stuck into another system. Or their parents would not stick them out there on the field when they know the kid has zero interest in being there. To be honest this is one of the many downfalls of Little League. Travel ball you do not see this as much because if a kid does not want to play a coach will tell the parent save your money if the parent cannot figure it out.
-
Well Just had all my weekends snatched up from the 12th on thru Oct 3rd plus two Thursday games. Just hope the new class of 7yr olds moving up are decent.. ( they never EVER are)
-
Failed slide takes out catcher 6 feet past home, trail runner scores
ArchAngel72 replied to a question in Ask the Umpire
To me it looks like the player stepped on home plate and slipped causing his stumble into the catcher. It's not on purpose but to me still causes INT by the Runner -
I love this video for learning and how to call it. My 2 cents you need to know what your league wants. If they want a warning 1st then do it and then call them. If there is no warning then call it and call it as you would any other situation and game. If you don't call ticky tack balks than dont subject them to unreal close scrutinization of it. If you see something you would clearly call than call it. Its not your job to coach them its your job to umpire them
-
Copyright Law and Fair Use Copyright law allows "fair use" of small parts of copyrighted works without the permission of the author. If the reproduction is for the purpose of criticism, news reporting, teaching, or research it is more likely to be fair use than if it is copied for commercial purposes. It is difficult to make this determination in advance, however, since they typically depend on a number of case-specific criteria. An example of fair use would be a book reviewer quoting a few lines from a book in an online book review. The U.S. Copyright Office maintains a Fair Use Index to help attorneys and non-attorneys get a better understanding of how the courts have ruled on fair use claims.
-
the outside corner when the hitter crowds the plate and the catcher is shading inside.
-
Well then copy/pasta the article or cut some out of it and quote it for us that do not care to pay for something like that so that we CAN than engage in the discussion..
-
LLWS - Not a bash, but a question
ArchAngel72 replied to Thunderheads's topic in Youth Recreation Ball
Little League 6.06 A Batter is out for an illegal action A. Hitting the ball with one of both feet on the ground ENTIRELY outside the batter's box. (does not matter if its a foul or fair ball) If their instep or heel or toe is on the batters box line they are considered in the box. Even if half their foot is on the plate. -
I know all about the deferrals You have answered the question I am still wondering WHY.. why not add 4 more guys and run 6 men crews This is the LLWS is it not. LOL I guess I was expecting more.. I wonder what the norm is.
-
pay to read site..
-
Just noticing this game I am watching ( NH V OH ) They are using a 4 man crew.. to me its odd I always thought they did 6 man crews. Maybe cause this is still early on in the bracket play / shrug.
-
LLWS - Not a bash, but a question
ArchAngel72 replied to Thunderheads's topic in Youth Recreation Ball
Sadly I do wonder if this year was my last state event I will be invited to.. that thought has crossed my mind. As well as retiring this login and creating another. LOL -
LLWS - Not a bash, but a question
ArchAngel72 replied to Thunderheads's topic in Youth Recreation Ball
The UIC that was in charge of the State tourney actually pointed my username out to the group of umps, Said I was outspoken and talking about all kinds of odd weird stuff ( ie grey ball bags LOL ) I made the mistake of laughing and saying Oh that IS me.. yeah things got awkward in the room after that... I know this and knew this then but than again my goals are not to get to Bristol and NOT to get to Williamsport I have made it to States 2 times now and thats as High as I want to go. I've only been doing this 6 yrs now and well I know my own capabilities are still somewhat lacking. I got bases down, My plate presence still needs some work. I get "Amped" up and need to learn to breathe and slow the game down. Its funny regular season Im cool as a cucumber, playoffs is where I get amped up. but anyway.. yeah my goal is to do the best job I can for the game I am at, at that point and time. If I keep making it up to state level great, awesome. Love it and enjoy it. I have not one care to go down to Bristol cause I feel at this point it would be "too much" bleh too much typing I need to shutup if I ever want to go higher.. lol -
LLWS - Not a bash, but a question
ArchAngel72 replied to Thunderheads's topic in Youth Recreation Ball
I can also point out they prefer guys that keep their mouth shut and don't talk about issues they see. Specially on forums and other social media things.. -
So Nike is going to have a side show for the Umpires too? Oh boy.. maybe grey bags will look good with them 😄
-
LLWS - Not a bash, but a question
ArchAngel72 replied to Thunderheads's topic in Youth Recreation Ball
Yes LL schools want all calls to be the same looking with the exception of a called 3rd strike, where you are invited to add your own style and flair so long as you are not upstaging the game. Hammers for strikes Hammers for outs called "Ball" s etc.. -
Well I see two separate spots where he comes to a complete pause for at least half a second with no shimmy so he is hanging his leg there stopped with no motion based on 805a yep IP in 2 of the 3 that I saw course I am not there and I am seeing it off twitter .. But I will say again LL does not want to see stuff like that called at all..
-
I am going off OP and have seen now clip of it. Do you have a link?
-
Sorry did not Senor Azul do that earlier in the thread?
-
12U and under its an illegal pitch call, Its a delayed dead ball. LL does NOT want to see it called. Personally its in the dang rule book, it should be called. But like the giving of signs from 2nd they do NOT want calls like those made on TV. PENALTY FOR AN ILLEGAL PITCH: Little League (Major)/ Minor League: The ball is dead and no runners will advance. The pitch shall be called a ball even if the pitch is not actually thrown. EXCEPTION: If the pitch is delivered and a play follows the illegal pitch, the play shall be allowed to continue as a delayed dead ball. Upon completion of the play, the manager of the offense may advise the plate umpire of a decision to decline the illegal pitch penalty and accept the play. Such election shall be made immediately at the end of the play. However, if the batter hits the ball and reaches first base safely, and if all base-runners advance at least one base on the action resulting from the batted ball, the play proceeds without reference to the illegal pitch. When an illegal pitch is called, regardless of whether the pitch is completed or not by the pitcher, a pitch will always be charged to the pitcher’s pitch count. (Rule 2.00 Definitions: Pitch) NOTE: Under no circumstances shall a balk be called in Little League (Major) or Minor League.
-
something along these lines ( color wise) would have been nicer imho
-
I'll do you one better. I get the symbolism and etc and the meaning behind it all but dang. They could not have made this better SOME how? ugh
