Jump to content

MT73

Established Member
  • Posts

    356
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    2

Everything posted by MT73

  1. MT73

    Appeals

    OBR first Then Federation: R 3 leaves base early on line drive that is caught by F6 R 3 is obstructed by F1 who is trying to back up the throw and is thrown out at the plate. Umpire kills the play and awards R 3 home. Question is that since the ball is dead can R 3 return to retouch 3rd before touching the plate? What about after touching the plate?
  2. MT73

    Cursing

    Sounds to me of an example of over officiating.
  3. MT73

    Error on Out Call

    Thanks guys.
  4. MT73

    NFHS Rules question

    In OBR if the bat hits the ball a second time it is an out and the ball is dead. in Fed it has to be intentional for an out to be called.
  5. What happens if an umpire wrongly calls a player out? Example: Two outs with runners in 1rst and 3rd. Batter strikes out but catcher drops the pitch. Batter starts running to first but P/U ( thinking it was one out) shouts “Batter out! Batter out”” which causes the batter to stop before touching first and heads toward the dugout. Looking for any case book in Fed and OBR.
  6. MT73

    BR misses 1st base

    Are you also looking for the O.B.R interpretation on this? It was recently changed in that the umpire no longer makes a safe call and waits for the appeal. Now the proper mechanic is to make no call.
  7. Since I do not do Federation May I assume that for OBR he can be declared out if assisted back to a missed base when ball is dead?
  8. Thanks. That is pretty much how I was leaning. At least the NCAA interpretation. Nice to see it in black and white.
  9. OBR: Batter hits home run out of park. He misses 3rd base during his trot and the 3B coach pulls him back to touch the base. Can he be called out even if the ball is dead?
  10. That is true in OBR but not Fed.
  11. As long as the batter has at one foot in the box I call it foul.
  12. Does the ball have to be in the pocket of the glove for an intentional drop to be called or is guiding the ball down with say the back of the glove enough to call it? Suppose the fielder allows the ball to touch his arm or body rather than the glove? Could that also qualify?
  13. MT73

    Who is out?

    Had this one in a 14 U game played under O.B.R and was wondering if I called out the proper runner for passing. R2 and R1. No outs Batter hits a gapper to right center and runners take off while ball rolls to the fence. R2 touches 3rd and then, for some reason, decides to run back to second and, in doing so, causes her to run past R1 who is heading to 3B. I call R1 out for passing which causes R 2 to reverse course and run back to 3B and actually stand on the base. R1 now pushes R 2 off the base shouting, “Move, you moron”! R 2 runs home but is ( finally) thrown out at the plate. I have since learned that I should have called R2 out when he was assisted by a retired runner but was curious if it was R2 who should have been called out for passing since it was a force situation.
  14. Thanks
  15. There is a rule somewhere that if a player is injured and no legal subs are available then the opposing coach gets to choose the substitute. Does anyone know which rule book this comes from? L.L.? Fed?
  16. OBR
  17. Thanks gents.
  18. Base umpire.
  19. B/R beats the throw to first but misses the base. We used to call him safe and wait for an appeal but I think that I read somewhere that the mechanic was changed to where the BU should now make no call— as is done when a runner misses home plate. Which one is now correct?
  20. MT73

    Appeal?

    Gotcha. I was thinking about a situation when R1 rushes home to celebrate the win and makes no attempt to advance. Hopefully the umpires would not call him out for abdonment. But your answer pretty much covers that situation.
  21. MT73

    Appeal?

    Maybe I am overthinking this but does this remain true if R1 is tagged before R3 and B/R touch their respective bases?
  22. MT73

    Corrected mound

    Thank you. Not to mention a safety issue.
  23. Bottom first. Coach discovers that the mound is 46 feet as opposed to 51. (12U) I inform the coach to fix the mound ASAP. He says we should wait until after the inning. I tell him it by rule it should be fixed right now. He refuses because it would not be “fair.” I let it go because I am not sure. In USA softball the rule is very clear— fix the mound as soon as the error is discovered. Is the same true in baseball?
  24. MT73

    Balk

    20 points!!! For some reason my spellcheck stinks. Thanks for the information.
  25. MT73

    softball pitching

    As is slapping the glove against her thigh.
×
×
  • Create New...