MT73
Established Member-
Posts
356 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
2
Everything posted by MT73
-
Yes. ‘The and part applies to a ball that is through or by. ‘Through or by means that the struck runner would not be out unless another infielder had a play on the ball. NFHS has a different interpretation—-if the entire infield is playing in front of the runner who is struck then he is not out.
-
In USA softball the fielder has to first catch the ball and then drop it for it to be ruled an intentional drop. ‘Is it the same in baseball? For example, if the fielder allows the pop fly to bounce off his arm, or the back of his glove, is it still considered a drop?
-
The mechanic was changed in the 2018 MLBUM. Now the mechanic is to make no call. Which makes the entire video obsolete.
-
I would think that no call means no call. ‘So no, I would not give the “Off the base” signal.
-
Thanks. I knew about the infield fly rule ( both batter and runner are out if fair} but did not notice the follow up notes in MLBUM Thanks to all.
-
Thanks. ‘if not an IF and not intentional do we place the batter on first base? Also, I meant if F3 interferes with the 3rd baseman trying to catch a foul pop up.
-
OBR—-one out. R2 interferes with F6 trying to catch a fair fly ball. ‘What is the penalty if, #1—ball is caught. #2 Ball is not caught. Is the penalty the same if runner interferes with infielder trying to catch a foul ball? Lastly—does the same rule apply in NFHS?
-
Mr. Senor Azul—-I really appreciate your responses. ‘I wish I could put you on speed dial during this upcoming season. ‘I will no doubt be seeking your guidance very soon. Thank you.
-
I reread the original article and realized that I was mistaken. ‘The author was writing what he thought the rule should be tweaked to allow the lineup to be reset rather than what it actually is. ‘My bad:
-
Thanks. ‘I read somewhere that, no matter what, #9 is placed on second and the top of the order comes up. ‘I guess that is wrong.
-
I am confused. MLB Batter # 7 made last out for visiting team. ‘Game tied. Which runner is placed on 2nd base and who bats in top 10th?
-
I was reading in the current issue of Referee that in NCAA and NFHS that in this situation you would call R3 out ( un score the run) and also call out the B/R. i was curious what the Pro rule was.
-
OBR R3 scores on a squeeze and then interferes with F1 who is trying to retire the B/R at first. What now and same question if R3 is tagged out and then interferes. Thanks.
-
OBR A relief pitcher comes in. Before he throws a pitch he picks off R 1. Can that pitcher now be replaced?
-
Happened a few years back but curious if I should have handled it differently. Team A is pounding team B in a 10U summer travel league and clearly has team B out matched in talent and experience. Team A is up by ten runs and is on offense. Their manager is coaching 3B where his runner is safe on a not so close play. Defensive player F6 has the ball and is confused what to do. Meanwhile the B/R is going into second base so the offensive coach tells the kid to throw to 2B—- which has zero chance of making an out. F 6 does so and the coach, with a chuckle, sends his runner in to score. I was unsure if this was a violation of Babe Ruth Rules so I let it slide but am curious if I should have said something to the manager. Any suggestions?
-
Catcher tags R3 but drops the ball. Runner then misses the plate. Signal safe or no call?
-
How can an enforced balk not be a no pitch?
-
For the batter it is a “Do Over”
-
Not on a balk. Unless all runners, including the B/R, advance one base, the balk penalty is enforced. A coach can decline a Catcher’s Interference penalty and take the result of the play if he should so choose.
-
Just curious as to how would this be ruled in Federation and OBR?
-
I can understand going out of play. But does that apply in this situation?
-
This was the situation. R 3 is obstructed by F1 while trying to score while F 6 is throwing the ball home. Umpire points and says,”That’s obstruction” Now the throw comes in to F 2 and R 3 is tagged out but then hits the plate. In OBR is this considered type 1 obstruction? Is the ball dead at the time of the infraction? If so can R 3 still he be allowed to retouch 3rd and then retouch the plate?
